• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Equipment Type Trigger and AI Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I'm new here. Nice to meet you. I'm gonna ask you, if I'm gonna make some map, and I'll put some different weapon type, like Archer can only use Bow, Warrior can only use sword, can you help me how to trigger it?

And once more, I'm gonna adding AI in my map, can you give me tutorial how to do it? So the AI can choose hero from tavern, than can spend money to buy some starting weapon, and leveling or do a PvP?

Also one question more, how can we make a scoreboard??

Please answer and I can't google it because I don't know the keywords.
Thank you and sorry if my thread is very mess and my English is bad. :)

Last edited:
Level 29
There are some tutorials on here you should look at if you are going to start triggering. First look up variables and how to use them.
Then look at the things that leak tutorial.
Look at my tutorial things a guier should know. its in my sig
also at the end of the tutorial there are links to help you better understand everything.

as for your questions.
weapon type restrictions look up item restriction system by doomlord.

a scoreboard is actually a multiboard you can look up a multiboard tutorial.

for ai there are some ai tutorials in the tutorial sections that can help

Level 3
There are some tutorials on here you should look at if you are going to start triggering. First look up variables and how to use them.
Then look at the things that leak tutorial.
Look at my tutorial things a guier should know. its in my sig
also at the end of the tutorial there are links to help you better understand everything.

as for your questions.
weapon type restrictions look up item restriction system by doomlord.

a scoreboard is actually a multiboard you can look up a multiboard tutorial.

for ai there are some ai tutorials in the tutorial sections that can help

Thanks for your answer :) I'm gonna check it now!

Level 3
no problem glad to help

Oh, i have one more question. I downloaded some icon from this place, and I extract the icon. The icon file is complete (there are BTN and DISBTN). I imported them successfully and I use the BTN on one of my weapon. After that I test my map. The BTN icon is successfully imported. But when I paused the game, the icon turned to the green square. Can you help me, please? :)

Level 3
the green is default if it is missing something. I'm not sure what to change there you should ask the creator of the icon.

I see, thanks again :)

Also, a green icon can be a wrong importing path.

So, what should I do? Can you tell me the correct path? My current path of DISBTN button is same like BTN button. [ war3mapImported\(BTNor DISBTN)(iconname) ]

Status
Not open for further replies.