• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Epicquest ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Mr.Teapot and Dannyboydude presents to you:

Epicquest ORPG

Systems

Pvp-Arena

Dungeon System

Quest System

Item Equipment-system

Item drop System

Visuall Items

Epicquest ORPG is a quite standard Warcraft 3 ORPG map. The purpose of this map is not to create something new and different to other maps; we just want to create a reliable and good ORPG that gives players challanges, and hours of game time. Play it with friends or online.

Epicquest ORPG uses a save/load system (Acehart's) to let players continue where they left. We have made a lot of custom systems like an equipment system, Dungeon system, Dungeon loot system, quest system and a spell buy system which lets the players customize their characters. We also use item attachment models; so that you're character will improve visually as well. We have an arena where you can duel eachother to find out who's the best!

Try this out and join our community at www.epicquest.comyr.com

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Non-Existant at the moment.

We'd love to get some feedback on this :D

Kind regards: Mr.Teapot and Dannyboydude

Attachments

• Epicquest ORPG Demo 9 prot.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Level 19
Okey, I've tested the map and got some things to say:

Positive (+)
  • The terrain is very good! Keep it in that way.
  • The game-play also seems to be good (I played it in single player though).
  • Good systems, like aggro systems (I don't really know how it will work in this map, enemies target players with most aggro?)

Negative(-)
  • Sometimes the aggro text appears completely random...
  • Some spells doesn't return the correct value of lumber if you can't use the spell. (I played as the Necromancer and tried to buy the Zap ability, just for testing purposes and I only got three lumber back of five)
  • The second kobold quest says "west" when the boss appears to be at "east". Also the area name is wrong, the quest says "kobold valley" when it was something else.
  • I can't pick up items I can't use, maybe I wan't to sell them for gold later?

Feedback (=)
  • Fix some of the negative things.
  • Add a more advanced inventory system, maybe there you equip items so you can pick up items you can't use?
  • More quests (I only played to the Night Elf village, so I don't know how many quests there are later).
  • The floating texts are a bit to small, (I mean, when you gain gold and exp) maybe increase the size a bit.

This is what I've found. I only tested the map a couple of minutes, but maybe I'll try the map more later!

Anyway, good luck with the project!

Offtopic: Are you from sweden?

Level 5
Looks good at least, from the screenshots I can see you put a ton of effort into the terrain. Which I personally think is what makes an ORPG = epic.

Tell us a bit more about the classes/abilities/races and inventory etc. I will look to testing it this evening some time!

Level 4
Okey, I've tested the map and got some things to say:

Positive (+)
  • The terrain is very good! Keep it in that way.
  • The game-play also seems to be good (I played it in single player though).
  • Good systems, like aggro systems (I don't really know how it will work in this map, enemies target players with most aggro?)

Negative(-)
  • Sometimes the aggro text appears completely random...
  • Some spells doesn't return the correct value of lumber if you can't use the spell. (I played as the Necromancer and tried to buy the Zap ability, just for testing purposes and I only got three lumber back of five)
  • The second kobold quest says "west" when the boss appears to be at "east". Also the area name is wrong, the quest says "kobold valley" when it was something else.
  • I can't pick up items I can't use, maybe I wan't to sell them for gold later?

Feedback (=)
  • Fix some of the negative things.
  • Add a more advanced inventory system, maybe there you equip items so you can pick up items you can't use?
  • More quests (I only played to the Night Elf village, so I don't know how many quests there are later).
  • The floating texts are a bit to small, (I mean, when you gain gold and exp) maybe increase the size a bit.

This is what I've found. I only tested the map a couple of minutes, but maybe I'll try the map more later!

Anyway, good luck with the project!

Offtopic: Are you from sweden?

- The aggro text appears when you are out of combat; you start losing ur aggro then. However, this will be edited.
- Just fixed so it returns correct amount of lumber :)
- Oh she was in the west before; fixing that :)
- We totally need an inventory system for item storage.

And I am swedish. Are you?

Level 6
At school atm so I'll try it later.

But so far the terrain is awesome from what I can see at the screenshots :)

-Sinizi

Level 19
- The aggro text appears when you are out of combat; you start losing ur aggro then. However, this will be edited.
- Just fixed so it returns correct amount of lumber :)
- Oh she was in the west before; fixing that :)
- We totally need an inventory system for item storage.

And I am swedish. Are you?

Ah, okey, then I get it ^^

Anyway, continue update the map! It can always be better! ;) btw, is the map created in GUI, JASS or vJASS?

And yes, I'm also from sweden ^^

Level 24
Feedback of the random super generic ORPG map without story more well known as Epicquest:

-Spells are gray and boring (dont turn them into some crappy naruto spellpax spells with massive sfx's tho, that sucks).

-So are the classes (how about unique classes like umm... "The Bard", "Thief" for once make it so thief can actually steal shit unlike in other maps or "Dragon Slayer" damn that'd be f-ing awesome ).

-Terrain is ok.

-PvP arena should look like a scene taken out from the movie Gladiator, for more epicness

-Needs more fun quests, killing 10 spiders is boring as fuck, makes me rage my balls on fire! how about you have to slay a goddamn dragon which blows fire and all shit at you while you have dodge it and attack at the same time? after killing the dragon you have to capture the soul and seal it away in the dark depths of mordor? oh wait you cannot simply walk in there. anyhow, point being... make more sexy quests and reward the player with the princess instead of a few lousy cents

-Systems dont do it for me, do less dhk'ness and add more interesting content such as knockback attacks, projectile based attacks for archers, etc?.

-Make a map that requires skills instead of luck (makes it x10 times more fun).

-Crits, bash, evasion are boring.

-Very boring.

-Seriously!

-Bosses similiar to those of in "Impossible Bosses" would be pretty f-ing awesome.

-Thread needs MOAR consumeable stuff liek pix and shiz, liek seriuzly wheres the minimap image? also vivid yellow title color burns deep within my eyes as if i were to been drawing silly pictures in MS paint for 3 hours straight (hope you like my metaphor).

-Also random silly idea: make an orpg survival map :D (island troll tribes meet random super generic orpg map)

-Map needs more cowbell.

-Nudl9

-i was bored when i wrote this

-very bored, just finished english exam fufufu

-tallyho see you on Bnet or MSN!

No problem, you can make everything you want.
Make missiles that fly in an arc way (xy and zArc),
make homing missiles, change the collision range while flying (or anything else, including the missile effect), make spells that slow projectiles or deflect them, make shockwaves which missile explode on the first unit that reaches it and do some stuff then, there are endless possabilities.

Level 9
first, the terrain, it's so flat ...
please, add some noise to them and smooth it a bit ..

second, hero attack sounds, come on, u use a dagger and the sound is hammer ??

third, textags is too small ! i have to use my -10 glasses to see those textags

fourth, add a backpack !, your invetory is way too small, 6 slots - weapon, armor, etc = 2 slots for items ??!!

fifth, quests, quests are too generic ..., add some variety of quests.

you need to develop a lot more things to this map.

Level 4
first, the terrain, it's so flat ...
please, add some noise to them and smooth it a bit ..

second, hero attack sounds, come on, u use a dagger and the sound is hammer ??

third, textags is too small ! i have to use my -10 glasses to see those textags

fourth, add a backpack !, your invetory is way too small, 6 slots - weapon, armor, etc = 2 slots for items ??!!

fifth, quests, quests are too generic ..., add some variety of quests.

you need to develop a lot more things to this map.

Thank you. We are improving it. Fixing what you said :)

We have also released Demo version 9 now. Check it out!

Level 2
Hi i played a bit in your map and thats what i think:

-starting area should be more protected , add some guards with cool model on bridge and in city , remove these high lvl characters in city , they look ugly
-make a teleport unit instead of portal ,that portal looks ugly
- add some fog
- add more doadas
- these spells are strange , i know you didnt finished them yet , but necromancer without summons ? That "undeath" thing is weak and not usefull
- add more life to cities like add some moving citzens etc.

anyway gl with newer version , this map shpuld be cool in furture

Status
Not open for further replies.