• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Epicenter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
sup hive
im not sure how to do this thread thing but here it goes...

im having trouble with trying to recreate the skill epicenter.
i was gonna make a map of random heroes, and this dude
named bobby would have this skill epicenter like the one from DoTA.

the spell goes like this, bobby throws a bean on the floor
and it forms an epicenter around the bean. a few seconds
later, the bean grows into a bean stalk that bobby can ride
and he is invulnerable for 10 seconds until the beanstalk
wears off.

yeah i have a wild imagination, high expectation and
terrible skills in triggering. sorry if its too wild. :ogre_hurrhurr:

btw, if its JASS, im screwed :]

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Well, basically after channeled for a few seconds, a sort of ripple will be pushed out of crix (the sand king) it does multiple epicenters, some starting before others have finished, the closer units are to the epicenter the more damage it will deal, and each unit can only be damaged once by each epicenter (multiple ripples from the same epicenter will still damage the target) however i presume that he will not want it to be channeled for a few seconds.

Level 33
Epicenter:

2 second casting time, then, each 0.5 seconds, you'd damage and ministun all units in range and create a special effect.

It's not so hard :/
Like they said, Picture worths a thousand words.
Damage is dealt when the ring hits the enemy, the closer the enemy is to start of the epicenter the more damage it will deal.
All mechanics of this spells seems to be easy to do it, but the hard part, is the the closer the enemy to the epicenter point, the more damage it will take

You must divide the damage dealt into several categories.

Use this for range differentiation

• Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Position of (EnemyUnit))) Greater than or equal to 150.00
        • (Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Position of (EnemyUnit))) Less than or equal to 300.00
      • Then - Actions
        • -------- Greatest damage dealt --------
      • Else - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Position of (EnemyUnit))) Greater than or equal to 301.00
            • (Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Position of (EnemyUnit))) Less than or equal to 450.00
          • Then - Actions
            • -------- Moderate damage dealt --------
          • Else - Actions
            • Bla bla bla more I/T/E...
EnemyUnit is Unit variable.

And yes, I know the trigger leaks (I'm not focusing into leak parts, thank you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.