1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Epic waiting to happen?

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Gost, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Gost

Gost

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright I was just sifting through some of the models available (was looking for an efect for a spell but w/e) and i came across this "UI\Glues\SinglePlayer\Undead3D_Exp\Undead3D_Exp.mdl". Holy crap.

Yes the entire thing is awsome but would it be possible to edit the arthas on there off of it to make him his own model? Then he would need animations of course (I am unaware of the difficulty level of any of this btw) but seriosuly, that is the coolest looking arthas model ever would it be possible to isolate it and make it into it's own hero model?

2. donut3.5

donut3.5

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You obviously don't know anything about the poly count.
    --donut3.5--

3. Gost

Gost

Resources:
    Resources:
    I understand the poly count would be massive, it obviously would not... could not be used in a game but i just want to walk around with it, even in just a completly empty map o_O. Haha but yea i guess it's kinda far fetched.

4. donut3.5

donut3.5

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually after looking at it, the worst part would be cleaning it up.
    But meh, there's plenty of Arthas models that use the cinematic textures.
    --donut3.5--

5. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty sure someone did give this animations, gave it the WoW Human's, if memory serves. There's a thread around here where someone was asking for Arthas models, and somebody posted a link to it.

6. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    To make the Arthas UI into a model would be incredibly painful for the engine to sustain..considering polycount.

Therefore...I deem this thread "Not" Epic waiting to happen.

However...If someone would make a very good Arthas model that is better than the one now...that would be Epic.

7. wugiboy

wugiboy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    there were models based on it (and looked exactly like it) back on the old wc3sear.ch I dunno what happened to it though

though what you want can possibly be done a lot easier through the arthas rocking model

8. wugiboy

wugiboy

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    err..

sorry for a bit of (technically)nekroposting, topic hijacking, and double post

I tried my previous idea of Arthas rock n roll thing, originally giving it arthas anims but that thing was a bitch, then blademaster but that was a bitch too, then settled for footman.

has

14 geosets
    1 geo animations
    13 textures
    19 bones
    2230 vertices
    2829 faces(freakin' big?)
    61 matrix groups
    no attachment points(none yet)

169 kb

works ingame

Attached Files: