• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Epic waiting to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Alright I was just sifting through some of the models available (was looking for an efect for a spell but w/e) and i came across this "UI\Glues\SinglePlayer\Undead3D_Exp\Undead3D_Exp.mdl". Holy crap.

Yes the entire thing is awsome but would it be possible to edit the arthas on there off of it to make him his own model? Then he would need animations of course (I am unaware of the difficulty level of any of this btw) but seriosuly, that is the coolest looking arthas model ever would it be possible to isolate it and make it into it's own hero model?

Level 10
I understand the poly count would be massive, it obviously would not... could not be used in a game but i just want to walk around with it, even in just a completly empty map o_O. Haha but yea i guess it's kinda far fetched.

Level 35
To make the Arthas UI into a model would be incredibly painful for the engine to sustain..considering polycount.

Therefore...I deem this thread "Not" Epic waiting to happen.

However...If someone would make a very good Arthas model that is better than the one now...that would be Epic.

Level 4
there were models based on it (and looked exactly like it) back on the old wc3sear.ch I dunno what happened to it though

though what you want can possibly be done a lot easier through the arthas rocking model

Level 4
err..

sorry for a bit of (technically)nekroposting, topic hijacking, and double post

I tried my previous idea of Arthas rock n roll thing, originally giving it arthas anims but that thing was a bitch, then blademaster but that was a bitch too, then settled for footman.

has

14 geosets
1 geo animations
13 textures
19 bones
2230 vertices
2829 faces(freakin' big?)
61 matrix groups
no attachment points(none yet)

169 kb

works ingame

Attachments