• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Environment/effects/animation names questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1. I have a spell, Thunderstorm. It damages a number of units(take note, they are not constant) on the entire map. Triggered with dummy casters.

Triggers:
  • Thunderstorm
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Thunderstorm
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: Thunderstorm
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random ((Level of Thunderstorm for (Triggering unit)) x 3) units from (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) is An Ancient) Equal to False)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for (Triggering player) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing 0.00 degrees
          • Unit - Add Thunderstorm (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Thunderstorm (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Thunderstorm for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Special Archimonde - Finger Of Death (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add a 1.20 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit Group - Remove all units from (Last created unit group)
  • Thunderstorm Act
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Thunderstorm
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: Thunderstorm Act
      • Environment - Create at (Playable map area) the weather effect Lordaeron Rain (Heavy)
      • Environment - Turn (Last created weather effect) On
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Environment - Remove (Last created weather effect)
Main spell
Based off: Channel
Casting time: 3.00 / 3.50 seconds
Art Duration: 1.40 seconds

Dummy spell
Based off: Finger of Death

The problems are:
  • Tauren Chieftain is used as the model for the hero. I want him to do his attack slam animation, but whenever the spell is casted, he does only the first half of the animation. How do I make it so that he plays the full animation?
  • I want the monsoon <target> effect to be shown on the damaged units. Nothing is showing up. How come?
  • If you see in the trigger, the number of units picked should be constant. Apparently, it varies from 3 to 6 units. Why is this so?
  • I want it to rain for everyone in the map while the spell is being casted. However, no rain came out. Yet, the game message "Thunderstorm Act" appeared. Is there anyway to make the rain appear?

------
2. I have another hero, model of Ancient of Wind. For some abilities, I want him to do his morph animation before doing "work alternate", but it doesn't work.

• Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s morph animation
  • Animation - Add the work animation tag to (Triggering unit)

Is there anything wrong?

Thanks!

Level 11
#1 Spell
-I know shit about animations, I can't help that.
-Simple... The effect does not show up because you don't create it. What do you think, WE is so smart that it creates the missing effects? (Create special effect on Picked unit...)
-Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random ((Level of Thunderstorm for (Triggering unit)) x 3) units from ... -> pick a number of units (level*3) depending on the level of the spell. Replace that part (Random ((Level of Thunderstorm for (Triggering unit)) x 3) with your integer.
-Increase the wait time... 3 seconds is not enough.

Does the model really have the work alternate animation?

Level 3
. I have just got the special effect ready ^^, and let the thunderstorm just take a random of 3 to 6 units.

. It takes more than 3 seconds for the weather to appear?

. Its based on Ancient of Wind, he has a work alternate animation, which gives it the hero glow on its hands. Still doesn't work though.

Thanks for your help! ^^

Level 3
I used the special effects, paskovich and changed the trigger a little so that it wouldn't target everyone on the map. Just around the hero.

'Animation - Play (Triggering Unit)'s morph animation' doesn't work for Ancient of Wind, how come? I just need that, since I got the work animation done.

(It will look awful to have the hero standing and rooting immediately.)

Level 6
'Animation - Play (Triggering Unit)'s morph animation' doesn't work for Ancient of Wind, how come? I just need that, since I got the work animation done.

(It will look awful to have the hero standing and rooting immediately.)

i think your best bet here would be a morphing spell that would automatically do the job. you could add and remove the spell as needed...

Level 3
I don't think that would be possible for that hero...

He would have 4 abilities, another for the atrributes ability, as well as a final one that displays how much of storage he has(something unrelated but, yeah).

That is a full UI of buttons? How do I add more abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.