• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Entangling Roots problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well I made a reverse entangling roots spell that heals allies instead of damaging enemies. I just set damage values to negative and every thing worked until 1.17. Now the spell does positive damage even if values are set negative.

Is there any other spell I could base this off to get similiar results or is there a way to trigger the results I want?

Level 11
Huh? I really don't get it... IMO it should not be a problem. Hmm... I simply can't think about a solution because it is strange. The spell is stupid anyway because the target can no longer move and it gains life points??? Hmm... perhaps some kind of meditation. In this case you can just use the Staff of sancutary spell and change it a little.

Level 11
Heh... I'm not good enough to be a moderator. I do my best to help into my free time but I don't know JASS so I basically base all my spells on triggers (since I try to complicate them a lot). I think spells moderators should know JASS as well. I will try to learn heh. As for my spells, some of them tend to suck because of how they look but I basically do spells based on a good idea even if the eye candy is not incredible. Effects can be changed later after you have the basic idea. Thanks for your comment though. I appreciate it a lot! ;)

Level 2
Believe me the first thing I did was to check prefrences and reset it to allow negative values and it still didnt work. I even completely remade the spell just to make sure and still doesnt work. I even tried using both neutral hostile versions. Staff of sanctuary wont work because it has to transport the unit to a building which i dont want. So is there any way to trigger the healing affect?

Level 11
Umm... you want to unit to simply stay and be unable to do anything? Ok, it won't be multi-instance though since you will need a local variable. Base the spell off rejuvenation with different buff and stuffs. Duration to how long you want to spell to last.

So, make an array unit variable with 16 positions. Now let's see.

Event - Unit - Starts effect of an ability
Conditions - Ability being cast equal to "yourability"
Actions - Set EntagleTarget [Player number of (Triggering Player)] = Target unit of ability being cast.
- Wait for condition (Entagle Target [Player number of (Triggering Player)] has Yourbuff equal to true checking every 0.10 seconds.
- Pause (Entagle Target [Player number of (Triggering Player)]
- Wait for condition (Entagle Target [Player number of (Triggering Player)] has Yourbuff equal to false checking every 0.10 seconds.
- Unpause (Entagle Target [Player number of (Triggering Player)]

This is a method. Hope it helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.