• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ent-Gargoyle

Disclaimer: The stone texture might get updated, currently the main and the alt form doesn't need any change atm.
Ultimately, I decide not to update the stone form.

Welcome folks, I haven't touch on Serious Skin these day since The Prime Wolver. Today is what if Ancient Of Wind has an offspring.
And this is the skin you would imagine one.... came from a weird model you don't expect.

Tag: Gargoyle, Ent, Night Elf, Ent Gargoyle, Nature

Version 1.0Released
CTbFRW3.png
Contents

BTNEntGargoyle (Icon)

Ent-Gargoyle (Texture)

Ent-Gargoyle Alternative Form (Texture)

Ent-Gargoyle Statue (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
It's been a while Shido but I'm glad to see another texture from you and for a unit which doesn't get many, you have created a complete and unique transformation, so let's dive straight in. The Good: This is a total transformation which is awesome to...
Level 31
looks way better than what I would have expected from reading the title
To be fair, I was having hard time naming it. Originally I call this Nature Gargoyle but it's too generic for this bat. The other would be Ancient Of Wind Offspring because given how it related. Ultimately, It boiled down to Ent-Gargoyle because it's an ent hybrid to the gargoyle that closely related to AoW.

Btw, Gargoyles are genderless.

It's been a while Shido but I'm glad to see another texture from you and for a unit which doesn't get many, you have created a complete and unique transformation, so let's dive straight in.

The Good:
This is a total transformation which is awesome to see and it relates to another unit which is also a very cool concept. the base is obviously the Ancient of Wind and in terms of look they fit perfectly side by side. So thematically this texture is perfect. On the art side it looks almost like it was made by the same guy that textured the ancient of wind, your cartoony style has translated into something that blends in completely with classic; I'm very impressed. In terms of the detailing we have lots of great shading and little nuances in the shape and flow of the wood, the leaves look great and the glow of the eyes has been pulled off flawlessly. There's also a nice amount of TC which is always appreciated and there's variation in the skin which stops it from being bland.

Areas for Improvement:
None that I can really see tbh, you could maybe sharpen some of the lines of the wood with just a black outline if you wanted to be a little bolder with the shadows but this is more of just my opinion and not a necessary change for quality and would simply be stylistic.

The only other thing is the Gargoyle like 80% of Warcraft units has a terrible wrap but you can't do anything about that.

Conclusion:
A great new texture with lots of use for a potential ancient race and with a style that blends seamlessly into the vanilla units, I hope you have more unique ideas like this up your sleeve :) 5/5.
In terms of moderation, I believe this deserves approval and a recommended rating.