• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Engineering Upgrade icon wrong :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
:?: I want to make a skill just like engineering that upgrades another skill.

I started out by making copies of the skill I want to upgrade. Then I changed them individually to make them better and better. Then I made a new skill based on the Engineering Upgrade skill and put in the data of the skill I wanted to upgrade:

Level1-Data-Ability Upgrade 1: Nuclear Lauch, Nuclear Launch (upgrade1)

Level1-Data-Ability Upgrade 2: Nuclear Lauch (upgrade1), Nuclear Launch (upgrade2)

Level1-Data-Ability Upgrade 2: Nuclear Lauch (upgrade2), Nuclear Launch (upgrade3)

And so on... My problems is:

When I play the map the first level of the Engineering Upgrade skill works fine. Then when I pick the skill the 2nd time (increasing the skill to level 2) the icon changes (you know this crazy guy with a beard) and it says "Tooltip Not Found!"...

I have no idea what could be wrong... I have checked the skill several times and I have even tried making completely new versions of both the Engineering Upgrade and the skills it is supposed to be upgrading.

Please Help :!:

Level 6
I also had a similar problem with this ability, I don't remember right what I did, but, I think you should fill all the 4 abilities required, even if they are not necessary to they hero you're making. For an example:
I was also making a hero that had the ability Engineery Upgrade only to passively increases his movement speed and attack damage, and, i found a bug as this you're asking. Then, i needed to fill all the others spaces (Ability Upgrade 1, Ability Upgrade 2...) with spells that the Hero doesn't has. Then, the spell worked perfectly as I wanted! :lol:
I think you problem should be this!
:arrow: I'm not from USA or from any other country that speak English, then, I don't know how to speak English very well, but I hope you can understand me! :roll:

Level 2
Thank you very much! That was exactly the problem :D

Only thing that is a bit wierd now is that my comp freezes for about one secound each time I level up the Engineering Upgrade skill :(

Status
Not open for further replies.