• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Enchantment System Possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
is it possible to make a enchantment system

like for example +1 to 10 int, str, agi

u buy a enchant book, and drag drop onto a item and it will add that stat to the item, max limit of 3 stats per, and if u put on a 3 int and get a 5int u can place the 5 int enchantment over top of the 3, removing the 3 and adding the 5

Also gems that give ability when applied to a item, and can only have 1 gem per item and 3 stats enchants per item

for example. a ring

has the basic info on it, ring gives 5 armor, then when u apply a book it addes Enchantment: 3 Intelligence to the description of the ring gives the +3 int now as it is enchanted

i am bad at explaining but Basically

A Ring that can be enchanted, so these 2 items

Ring.png

Enchantment.png

When u drag drop or Click on enchant and then on Ring it turns the ring into this

Enchanted Ring.png

then for abilities, drag drop or click click

Gemmed.png

And this one would be somewhat a max enchanted, gemmed item would look like.

3EG.png

So you can buy enchants, any set i set up in the options, +1 to +10, drag and drop onto the item, or click on enchant, then click on item, and it consumes the enchant, and adds the buff to the item

and limited to 1 ability, and 3 enchants, however wanting the enchants to be upgradable, so if u places a 6 int on a 3 int ring, it turns into a 6 int and and removes the 3 int, also option to add, mana, health, damage, armor enchants, but max 3 per item

So wanna know if its even possible to do this, and ifso how.

Last edited:
Level 7
Yes it's possible. You can add the bonuses by adding item abilities to the unit and you can modify the tooltip with triggers.

ok nice, how do i do that? wanna able to drag drop a enchant then it adds the buff and tooltip to item, and consumes the enchant u drag dropped originally

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I think you can give the Enchantment Item an ability that targets other items. Then you can detect whenever a unit uses that ability and proceed to modify the item/unit. I also think you can add item abilities directly to items instead of units. That would be preferable in most cases.

You can also create a custom inventory system using the new UI stuff. This would allow you to do a whole lot more like "dragging an enchantment onto another Item".

Level 7
I think you can give the Enchantment Item an ability that targets other items. Then you can detect whenever a unit uses that ability and proceed to modify the item/unit. I also think you can add item abilities directly to items instead of units. That would be preferable in most cases.

You can also create a custom inventory system using the new UI stuff. This would allow you to do a whole lot more like "dragging an enchantment onto another Item".

Ye I want to add directly to item not unit, so you lose enchants if u out the item down

Tried doing something similar, but the natives that add abilities to items does not seem to work yet. So I would wait a bit till it work, and use that instead of bonus systems, since it will be simpler (probably), and it will be more versatile.

Code:
BlzItemAddAbilityBJ(whichItem, abilCode)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.