• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ello Hive Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ello Hive Workshop. I signed up for Hive Workshop because lately I've been looking at for models and maps, and decided to register and the community was nice. I then noticed this at the top of the website saying to introduce myself. So I decided to say hi.

Lil about myself(if anyone really cares).
I'm 17 years old. I play World of Warcraft and Warcraft III mainly with my free time. Lately I've been enjoying what you can do with world editor after about of year of having it and finally looking at it. I've made a few lil maps with edited units and races, and I've discovered this site by googleing how to do some things with it.
I'm currently trying level a shaman on a realm me and a good friend are re rolling on but still doing Sunday/Monday raids with old guildies on our old realm. I'm also working on a making a map similar to a map call Nature's Wrath (which is one of my favorite WC3 maps) from scratch which has also very fun doing.

That is enough for one thread(probably too much lol) which is suppose to be a simple hello lol.

Now if you actually read to this point I thank you, and again ello and hope to see you on the forums which I'm hoping to be active in.

P.S. What is the point of JASS? why not use the regular triggers. That is a question I've had for a while now and can't find an answer, it is probably better in someway but I just want to make sure.

Level 12
Hello and welcome to hive!

JASS is the coding language of world editor, by using it you can actually keep file size abit smaller, make the map run faster and do some extra things what you cant do with normal trigger thingy.
Thats about all ive heard from JASS, still need to learn it abit tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.