• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elite Blood Elf Spell Thief

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is just a simple model guys :)
just adding some FX from the default Blood Elf Spell Thief Model
Contents

Elite Blood Elf Spell Thief (Model)

Glaive (Model)

Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
I can see the potential of this model, but the edits are too minor compared to the standards of approved models.
Level 34
Oh boy I love this. It's a very subtle edit, but quality is neat. I love what you did with spinning weapon - it's cool that you didn't just forget about Stand Ready animation, but edited it to fit the new concept. Helm edit is nice too - enough for it to pose as a new unit. I'd change the angle of camera so that it looked even more like a brand new unit though.

Haven't checked texture animation though - Hive Viewer glitches it to hell and back, hopefully it works as intended ingame. Judging by what I see - lightning around his shield looks from center, not around it. Wouldn't it be better if it circled around the shield?

Also - you could make several versions with different colours of lightning. Blue, even purple (blue+red texture gives you a sick purple lightning, try it!). Maybe a heroic version too.

Level 34
Why not make it just attachments then? I mean the edit is kinda small, but I feel that this has some potential.

I assume it's a separate because attaching effect to the weapon would ruin Stand Ready animation (it's edited in this model as far as I can see). Also - new helm and portrait.

Don't encourage editing just for the sake of making an edit - sometimes less is more : )

Just noticed that his effect on shield clips though the ground, by the way.

A new skin could help this to be approved.

Hmm, There's too many skin in the Hive that can fit to this Model. For example, this one BloodElf-SpellThief

Also - you could make several versions with different colours of lightning. Blue, even purple (blue+red texture gives you a sick purple lightning, try it!). Maybe a heroic version too.

Hmm, I will try that but in a full edited Model

Last edited: