• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elemental Ring 1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: calex3
Simple spell, started out quite randomly.
When casted, creates a ring of specific units around the caster. The ring will spin with given speed, and damage units that got into specific range (you can configure all that in first trigger).
As long as I see, this is leak-free, and can be easily redone into any spell of its kind.
Fully done in GUI (expection - <call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)>, but I think you know that anyway).
Comments are welcome, though mind that this is more of template\example.

V1.1 - perfomance improved (?), got rid of possible memory leaks, commented everything, improved <about> description...

Keywords:
Elemental, Water, Spell, Ring
Contents

Elemental Circle (Map)

Reviews
14:09, 3rd Jan 2010 TriggerHappy: This is not MUI nor MPI so until it is I will not do a review on this.

M

14:09, 3rd Jan 2010
TriggerHappy:

This is not MUI nor MPI so until it is I will not do a review on this.

Level 37
1) Not MUI, not MPI
2) Leaks locations
3) Leaks unit groups
4) Documentation is severely lacking
5) Bad spell name in tooltip
6) Get rid of the "do nothing"

The spell won't get approved as it is. Overall the visuals are ok, and it's not a bad spell per se. Just fix the issues mentioned above.

Last edited:
Updated - v1.1 now.
To: Maker
1 - ?
2 - fixed
3 - fixed
4 - commented every gui action, should be insanely obvious now.
5 - fixed
6 - got rid. kinda =)
To: real138
Thanks, redownload for updated version.
To: MortAr-
Sorry, my WE is half-russian, and I dont think that translating triggers by myself or by google is nice idea.

Last edited:
Level 15
ok i took a look at the triggering,
1. DONT USE TIMERS :) if its cast 2 times within the timer then the whole spell glitches use hashtables to save a certain time period then subtract a X every X seconds till its 0 for example
  • Example
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Casters and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • -------- Checks if the timer for specific unit is above 0 --------
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Load 0 of (Key (Picked unit)) from ELCI_HASH) Equal to 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • -------- If its 0 then this trigger doesnt affect the the units anymore --------
            • Else - Actions
              • -------- Subtracts 1 from the time left in the timer. --------
              • Hashtable - Save (elci_cast - 1.00) as 0 of (Key (Picked unit)) in ELCI_HASH
but first of all you have to create the hashtable at beginning of game and save each preset value into the table. read some tutorials on hashtables will explain better than me. other than that good job.
Ps if its not MUI a.k.a. multiple unit instance it wont get approved if you need any help just contact me.