• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Electro Wizard from CR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I was wondering if anyone could offer advice on how I could recreate a character from another game, to create a custom unit that can mimic the mechanics from the original. The character in question is called Electro Wizard from the mobile game Clash Royale. He is a wizard that can shoot one lightning from each hand each causing 100 to the target, which means he can deal 100 damage to two enemies or 200 to a single enemy. Additionaly, each lightning stuns the target for 0.5 seconds, and does not acumulate. Also he deals a bit of damage when summoned, but that is not as relevant.
Electro2.jpg

1b9f9c7ddab826c19d2078b4063d76b8b229a748_hq.jpg

If anyone feels up to the task of making it yourselves then be my guest, I think its a very interesting concept. However, any help would be greatly appreciated even if only point in the right direction.
Many thanks.

Level 1
How about using Barrage combined with Bash and Lightning attack from the storm wyrms?
I've tried lightning attack with bash but for some reason either one works and the other one doesnt. If someone could test this or find out where I could have gone wrong, please tell me. It may take some time, but I will wait.
Many thanks.

Level 11
Barrage/Forked Lighting/etc will do damage to as many units as it can, but I was specifically referring to this part of the request:
which means he can deal 100 damage to two enemies or 200 to a single enemy
(bolded for emphasis)

None of the multitarget abilities have this behavior, afaik.

Zap.....
Electricity....

Electrons....

Huuurrgghhhh....

I would say a bit complicated.

Try this:
- For E-wiz unit, disable the attack
- To do that, go to attack options or something. It will have None, Both, Attack One only and Attack Two only as parameters.
- Set it to None.

- Create a channel ability.
- Make it the e-wiz's attack by changing the base order id to attack.
- Modify the targets allowed to suit your needs.
- Make sure that the cooldown is 0.
- Modify art duration to be as short as possible, (I'd suggest 0.01)
- Set animation of the ability to attack.

- Detect when the ability is cast.
- Enumerate all units near the e-wiz.
- Remove the e-wiz from the enumeration, as it might cause your e-wiz to sustain damage as well.

- Get two units from the e-wiz which match the targets allowed by the attack.
- Attach the lightning and apply damage.
- Make sure to stun them for 0.5 seconds as well.

As for a single-target 200 damage lightning attack, I might work on that.

EDIT:
What's the level of your Ice Golem?

Last edited:
Level 1
- Get two units from the e-wiz which match the targets allowed by the attack.

I've been trying to do that for a while now, but I encountered a problem: Naturally I would pick the 2 closest targets, but I find that even picking one is very complicated, so Im actually left clueless as how to do this without just picking 2 at random. So far I havent found guides to picking the two closest targets, so if anyone can lend a hand...

Btw the pictures I showed were from google, but if you want to know its level 5 with upgrade available. Not my favourite card in the game.

Level 8
@MyPad I'm pretty sure your method will only work if the tower has an attack enabled, otherwise you wouldn't be able to detect the attack order with the event in the trigger.

@Dehua_Darbuya
Yeah, that was just a way of getting that to work. I thought of having it work via spell cast and spell effect.

@Powerknight
If you really want to get the closest targets, you should also filter out their distance minimally, which means you will have to compare the distance of the
  • enumerate
d units.

How I imagine it would go:

We have two targets, say target1 and target2:
We also have two variables, say dist1 and dist2

Pseudo-code:
Code:
if target1 is null, assign enum unit to target1.
Save the distance in dist1.

else
   compare distance. If less, move target1 to target2.
   set target1 to new enum unit (Picked unit).

After enumeration:

if target2 is null,
    set target2 to target1.

EDIT:
You have Night Witch or Cannon Cart?

Status
Not open for further replies.