• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Eighteenth Released Map- Meat For The Grinder 2: Sadr City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Its probably no secret that I served in Iraq, so I am pretty passionate about what goes on over there or how our efforts are portrayed over here (state-side). Mustaqa Al-Sadr is one fo the biggest waste of “human” life this world has ever seen. I would go further into why I hate the swine with such a passion, but I could not do so without going tino a serious political rant. I decided to make this map after someone posted the low quality “war in Iraq” map at wc3sear.ch and some idiots decided to make some snide remarks. I decided to make my own Iraq war map. It was originally going to be a free for all deathrace map just like my original meat for the grinder map, but 3rd person camera movement and arrow key control. However net leg affected the map too severely and I resorted to making it only a sinlge player map.

The map takes place in Iraq where a US tank platoon is taking out the fanatical forces of Shiite terrorist leader, Al-Sadr,. Points are given for gunning down insurgents, more if you run them over. There are civilians to be rescued, IEDs to disarm and supply crates to be picked up for extra points. Other obstacles include the terrorist supporting media, who is out there only to try to film you in a bad light, so you have to avoid killing anything when they are near you or you will lose points. Peaceniks also run about the map and act as willing human shields to the enemy. They are enemy supporters, but they are still citizens of your home nation, so you cannot kill them without losing serious points. When you raze a milita hideout, the occupants will run out fleeing and on fire just like the original MFTG. There is a running time limit, and when the time runs out, Al-sadr will spawn in the center of the city. A plane flying overhead will occasionally drop supplies for you. Enemeis incluse rfilemen and RPG gunners. Your weapons include a turret mounted machine gun for infantry and the main gun for the buildings.

You can try out MFTG2 here:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=6332&sid=1af5280d69fefd75607623a446bc464d

Status
Not open for further replies.