• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hell's Meat Grinder (Pre-Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hell's Meat Grinder
Much like Footman Frenzy, Hell's Meat Grinder is a smiler experience, but more balanced. Also, long games will have a constant flow of more and more upgrades. There are also added strategical units that cannot attack but emit auras to either aid your troops, or hinder your enemy's.

Map Stats:

Terrain = 100%
Units = 90% (need testing)
Heroes = 60% (need spell ideas and spells, also names)
Aura Emitters = 15% (Need ideas and possibly some triggering)
Upgrades = 85% (Having problems with some units)
SoulShards = 100% Thank You redscores

Gameplay:

- Map is currently 4 vs. 4, but I will release new map variations after completion of this one.

-Hero level cap is 100, "super" spell is unlocked at 25, and each hero spell has 25 levels

-You get a melee and ranged creep every 5 seconds of gameplay, there are 17 tiers

-Special "Aura Emitter" Units can be purchased, and will eventually include secret recipes for more powerful ones.

-There are 12 heroes, and 8 total player spots. This is to discourage a hero from being in the same game twice (2 players with the same hero)

-You need Soul Shards to ressurect your hero, I'm working on the system right now but this is to prevent hero dependency. Mainly: When a unit dies there is a 1 in 5 chance it will drop a soul shard. You start with 0, each hero costs 5 soulshards to ressurect, and 10 to purchase. You can only have 1 hero. You cannot switch heroes.

What I Would Like:

-Ideas for Hero types names, as well as individual names.

-Some one whom is experienced in making spells. And some one who can say "hey I got an idea for a spell for $n"

-A model of Baal from Diablo 2: Lord Of Destruction (I will need this last, and I will be trying to make it myself. (I have GMax and the .gmax to .mdx script, however i would like a .Gmax format model of an unchanged WC3 unit to get an idea of poly limit and ect.)

Heroes:
These are all of the hero units I've chosen to use. All I really need are spell ideas, however I'd appreciate any suggestions on spell you've already created that you think would work good on a particular hero.

Strength Heroes:

Name: Berserker
Play Type: DPS/Tank
Model File: Bloodfeind / Felguard
Spells:
Shockwave
(None)
(None)

Name: Pit Lord
Play Type: Tank
Model File: Pit Lord
Spells:
War Stomp
(None)
(None)
(None)

Name: Doom Guard
Play Type: Tank/DPS
Model File: Doom Guard
Spells:
Reincarnation
(None)
(None)
(None)

Name: Diablo
Play Type: DPS
Model File: McVexorianDiablo
Spells:
Immolation
Incinerate
Fire Nova*
(None)

Intelligence Heroes:

Name: Spell Weaver
Play Type: DPS Mage
Model File: Kil'Jeaden
Spells:
Mana Sheild
Rain Of Fire
(None)
(None)

Name: Inkindler (need better name)
Play Type: AOE / Debuffer (Crystal themed spells)
Model File: Voidwalker (original WC3)
Spells:
Blizzard
Frost Sheild
Shard Barrage (altered Cluster Rockets)
(None)

Name: Summoner
Play Type: Summon Units / Buff / AOE Heal
Model File: Dread Lord
Spells:
Summon Imps
Healing Wave
Inferno
(None)

Name: Mephisto
Play Type: Lord Of Hate (haven't really thought this one through)
Model File: Mephisto
Spells:
Death And Decay
Angry Spirits (need to change flies into skulls if possible)
Entangling Roots (need to make AOE)
(None)

Agility Heroes:

Name: Stalker
Play Type: Crit Whore
Model File: Illidan (Evil)
Spells:
Critical Strike
Mirror Image (Is there a trick to getting this spell to work right on heroes other then the Blademaster?)
(None)
(None)

Name: Void
Play Type: Esbeinage (SP?) / Sabotage
Model File: Avatar Of Vengeance
Spells:
Wind Walk
Blink
Evasion
(None)

Name: Medusa
Play Type: Archer
Model File: Naga Sea Wich
Spells:
Poison Arrow
Sleep (Need to make AOE)
(None)
(None)

Name: Baal
Play Type: (Not yet figured out)
Model File: None
Spells:
N/A

*Fire Nova-
What I wanted to do was send the Breath Of Fire effect starting at casting unit going out about a range of 1000 north, south, east, and west of unit dealing damage that upgrades each level for 25 levels. No extra effects. Unfortunately, all my attempts have ended in failure. I've started over again but what spell should I make this from? I tried channel but I can never get it to work right.

The map below is play-ready but has NO heroes and the Aura Emitters do not yet work properly. If you could look at what I've got and offer suggestions I would be very greatful. I WILL complete this map if it kills me. So any help you offer will be implemented.

Also, If you notice something I didn't give proper credit for, PLEASE inform me ASAP, I want to make sure every one is given proper credit.

Attachments

• HMGTHWss copy.jpg
    HMGTHWss copy.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Meat Grinder THWPreBeta.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Level 21
Soulshard Problem: Detect dying of an unit, take random number between 1 and 100, if lower as 20 create a soulshard at the position of the dying unit.

Jass Script for your needs (spawns currently tomes of experience)

JASS:
function ItemSpawnonDeathConditions takes nothing returns boolean
    return (( GetRandomInt(1, 100) <= 20 ) and ( IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE) == false))
endfunction

function ItemSpawnonDeath takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit DyingDrop = GetTriggerUnit()
    call CreateItem( 'texp', GetUnitX(DyingDrop), GetUnitY(DyingDrop) )
    set DyingDrop = null
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Item_Spawn_on_death takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Item_Spawn_on_death = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Item_Spawn_on_death, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DEATH )
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Item_Spawn_on_death, Condition( function ItemSpawnonDeathConditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Item_Spawn_on_death, function ItemSpawnonDeath )
endfunction

This gives a 20% chance that a enemy non-structure unit drops a tome of experience, just change the item.

And i am a spellmaker :p, i can do vJASS spells and such.

Level 4
Awesome thank you. However, how do you find the jasscode name for an item. My soul Shard item is custom, I can just convert Bundle Of Lumber if I need as i'm not using it for any thing else. I've never used Jasscode, I'm still attempting to master GUI. I was proud of myself for getting the unit spawns to work lol

Also I'm going to post all the heroes and a brief description. As I said I am a horrible coder, and I don't have any spell Ideas to try to code.

And thank you again. +rep w00t

Level 4
Ok I did'nt give the trigger that name. And my custom item was 1000:lmbr, it didn't like that name so I just uses the origional lmbr and it works. Thank you again, thats a whole chunk of the game I'm glad I get to keep in lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.