• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editing Spells, Items, Units and so on without using WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello,

As the title says, does anyone know a way to edit a maps units, items or abilities, without using World Editor? I used W3M Master but I can't say I'm a fan of it.

I'm getting tired of opening my map with World Editor all the time because its so slow and was wondering if theres a tool where I can do this, for example W3M Master. But once again, I'm not a fan of that program. xD

Thanks.

Level 23
Sure, WurstScript allows you to develop maps completely without the world editor.

Objects are generated in code like so:
EBR/BasicSpells.wurst at 8b6fd034d36f42c0047cd17e4c1b89929a691496 · Frotty/EBR · GitHub

The stdlib contains natives and presets for this see here:
WurstStdlib2/objediting at master · wurstscript/WurstStdlib2 · GitHub

To get the asset paths, use:
WurstStdlib2/Assets.wurst at master · wurstscript/WurstStdlib2 · GitHub

Icon browser maybe to come in the future.

This way you only need the editor for terrain and scenario infos (name, description, players, forces - which will also be added to wurst config eventually)

Level 7
Thanks. Will familiarize myself with Wurst once I have time, meanwhile, is there other ways to edit my map without WorldEditor aside from Wurst or W3M Master?

Level 7
The Object Editor looked very promising, however, it appears that the tool can't open up maps that has been Widgetized.

Level 7
Yes, I can edit the slk with slk editors like War3slk editor, Microsoft Office Calc and so on. But I was just wondering if there was a tool or program out there which is almost like W3M Master but without lag on importing, adding abilities (basically any changes) and so on.

War3 Object editor looked very promising, just too bad it didn't work out as intended. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.