• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Edit Loading Screen Maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was wondering, can you edit the original loading maps that show the progress of your user during campaigns such as a map of Northern Lordaeron. For instance, can I alter these maps so I can create my own maps which show the progression of my campaign?

Can someone tell me if this is even possible and if so how?

Level 10
Well these loading screens are just pictures and of course you can use your custom loading screens in your campaign. Of course you can extract blizzard's loading screens and edit them using graphic programs. Maybe the loading screen finder might help you to find the right one. Maybe some optimization is also possible, depending on what exactly you want. Ask more precisely and I'll maybe help you! :wink:

Level 10
Well, I don't have ImageExtractor - I use wc3viewer. If you have problems while converting make sure these things:
- BLPs must have sizes consisting of 256 and 512 pixels length and/or heighth.
- sometimes export from 24Bit to 32Bit-Colour results in a completely transparent picture; if this happens, export to 24Bit from your image-program and let the converter add the alpha-layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.