• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LOADING SCREEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
:evil: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
how i can edite or put my custom loading screen???
please someone tell me how....

Level 21
Hi

Custom Loading Screen?
ok, no problem follow my steps carefully.

1. You need a 1024 x 768 pixles image as your custom loading screen.(must be huge)
If you have problems doing this, try resizing with a paint program (I suggest Irfanview)

2. Slice the 1024 x 768 pixles image for your custom loading scren into 4 parts. (like dividing a piece of cake into 4) NOW FOLLOW CAREFULLY THIS PART - Bottom left and bottom right sliced parts of the image MUST be 512 x 256 pixles and Top left and Top Right parts MUST be 512 x 512 pixles. TIP: Crop the images slowly by hand with a good and easy to use paint program

3. Once you've done that, you should have 4 parts of the loading screen image. Now rename the parts:

Bottom Left part > LoadingScreenBL

Bottom Right part > LoadingScreenBR

Top Left part > LoadingScreenTL

Top Right part > LoadingScreenTR

4. Convert ALL of the parts (make sure they are renamed correctly) to .tga or .blp TIP: I recommend .blp but .blp has more problems so .tga would be more reliable Remember about valid image formats for importing!

5. Ok, put them in a folder for easy acess for the next step.

6. Start up World Editor (or your map) and go to Import Manager

7. Import the 4 parts of your custom Loading Screen (make sure they are renamed, resized correctly, image format righted right) with Import File or Import Files..

8. Once they are imported, remove their paths from w3mapImportered to just the loading screen part name. Eg: War3MapImported\LoadingScreenBL.blp to LoadingScreenBL.blp remove all 4 of em. The " use custom path " should be ticked.

9. Now, import the LoadingScreen.mdx file. TIP: Take it from Blizzard's " Monolith Map " (from the import manager) and import it to your map which requires the custom loading screen. Remove the " W3mapImported " path. The " use custom path " should be ticked.

10. Minimize/exit Import manager. Go to " Scenario " on the toolbar, then go to Map Loading Screen... underneath it.

11. Tick " Use Imported File " and select the LoadingScreen.mdx as it. Then press ok.

12. Restart your map and ally the changes again to make the World Editor used to it. Then test the map, and WALLA!! congrats!

Hope that help, if anyone else is looking at this, I hope this helped you too!
WARNING - Custom Loading Screens take up LOTS of space even if its .blp

Level 2
:arrow: monolith is one of the "scenario" maps in tft
:arrow: go to the maps folder, click on "FrozenThrone", then click on "Scenario"

Status
Not open for further replies.