• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Easy way to fill Units Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
If you are not one the latest patch you can use ObjectMerger, which is a tool embedded into JNGP world editor.
There's a tutorial about this.
The reason I say you must not be on the latest patch is that one of the newer patches(1.28 iirc) moved CD keys out of the normal place, breaking JNGP. That tool is not getting updated, but it is still the editor with the most complete feature set for now.

Level 21
Well, the wc3 file formats are known, so it's probably only a matter of time until tools like ObjectMerger come to the newer editors. Probably not worth waiting though.
I'd get a separate install with a version higher than 1.24 and lower than 1.28. Then it would be possible to use JNGP. But that's my bias as a long-time user of JNGP. I simply can't imagine working without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.