• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Easy Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well I wanna make an easy question, how to make it so each attack my Hero makes the Item he/she haves goes -1? For example if I have an item called Soulshot and it has number 30 on it each attack my hero makes it will go -1 , after 30 attacks the item will be removed. I wan't the attacks to be able to done everywhere not like only in Enemies/Hostile because soulshot can be used in Doodads / Friendly Units / Players Units too, or if its possible don't make it trigger.

Level 5
bump & one more question, how to put a custom screen? What I need to do to make one(nothing just upload the file or what?) and what I need to do to put it in my loading screen as custom file and not one from default

wow now its 2 easy questions than 1 :)

Level 9
About your question:

• detect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit is under attack
    • Conditions
      • {Your conditions}
    • Actions
      • trigger - add (Trigering unit takes damage) to down<gen>
  • down
    • Events
      • none
    • Conditions
      • (Damage source) equals (Your Hero)
    • Actions
      • For each (A) from 1 to 6 do
        • Actions
          • If (multiple conditions)
            • Conditions
              • Item-type carried by (triggering unit) in slot (A) equals (your item)
            • Actions
              • Set charges ramaining (Item carried by (triggering unit) in slot (A)) to charges ramaining (Item carried by (triggering unit) in slot (A)) - 1
              • If charges ramaining (Item carried by (triggering unit) in slot (A)) equals 0 then remove (Item carried by (triggering unit) in slot (A))
              • Skip remaining actions
            • Actions (else)
              • Do Nothing

Actually, MajorKaza that would be extremely buggy.
You should go for implementing Bribe's UnitIndexer and his DamageEngine. (GUI)
Then you could use an event "DamageEvent becomes equal to 1.00".
The trigger will run whenever a unit takes damage.
The trigger would have to:
- Check if the unit is the desired hero
- Implement actions within that if/then/else block
Simple.

Level 7
Actually, MajorKaza that would be extremely buggy.
You should go for implementing Bribe's UnitIndexer and his DamageEngine. (GUI)
Then you could use an event "DamageEvent becomes equal to 1.00".
The trigger will run whenever a unit takes damage.
The trigger would have to:
- Check if the unit is the desired hero
- Implement actions within that if/then/else block
Simple.

i think there's no need of damage detection, it just need an attack detection (are there any?) that detect whenever the unit's start attacking . . .
but instead of that, use Unit - A unit is attacked instead . . .

Level 5
Well sir! I expected it..eh.. Abit more easy.. But looks hard (to me) so can you just give me a map so I copy/paste the trigger? If you do that for me idk thank you + u'll get credits from my signaputer ofcourse

hl2 ty +rep sir

The attack event is very exploitable.
You can keep attacking and press S to stop and run it many times.
Damage Detection (AdvDamageEvent in this case) can detect damage that originates from unit attacks, spells and Jass.

Bribe's DamageEngine can also differentiate between these 3 damage-types and it allows you to add your own custom types.

Level 7
The attack event is very exploitable.
You can keep attacking and press S to stop and run it many times.
Damage Detection (AdvDamageEvent in this case) can detect damage that originates from unit attacks, spells and Jass.

Bribe's DamageEngine can also differentiate between these 3 damage-types and it allows you to add your own custom types.

yeah, but it's not logic to see an already fired arrow that miss doesn't reduce the ammo . .
and the ammo can be abused with a fast attack speed . . .

Level 4
why u guys are lazy to help the guy he asks for map if u dont wanna give him map and only tell him what to do then just dont , i hate when ppl doesnt helps u as u ask and does other things than requested, its better if u leave it without replying tho, it happends to my posts too thats why i say it

Status
Not open for further replies.