• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

dying screams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am making a map for internet role play based on Hillsbrad Foothills in WoW. I would have liked a starving mountain lion, but as I don't know where to find any lion models I settled for the panther and tiger models I have, which are night elf mounts, of course, without their riders. However, when you kill one of these in combat it screams like a dying elf, which can be disconcerting if you are meant to be an alliance paladin: "Oh no! What have I done?"

So can anyone tell me how to stop it using the death sound from the original model? Or even how to just shut it up with triggers - a silent death would be fine. I have attached the art model to a polar bear base, so it should be growling like a bear, and does, I think, except when it dies. Any advice?

Level 8
Well, it is possible to delete the sound of the death, but i dont know how. You could though cover it somehow using triggers.

Events - A unit dies
Conditions -
Actions - Play BearDeath onver dying unit

I know, it can still be heared the dying elf, but better than nothin. (even though if nothing would be better to you ... if u get what i mean ...)

EDIT - Nope. Even if u change sound set the death sound is still the model's one.

Level 2
Oh well...

I guess that means I am stuck with dying panthers and tigers that scream like elves. Unless someone knows where I can find a lion model......

and if a model always keeps its own death sound, what about imported models generally? Are they always based on Blizzard models that have sets, or are some independent?

I have a lot to learn. Think I will go import an allosaurus and check it out.

Level 2
My allosaurus (well, Olafmoleman's allosaurus) makes the sounds of the Wendigo I put the model onto, which seem fine. Great model too. I will give credit where due.

Status
Not open for further replies.