• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarven Rail Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Dwarven Rail Tank
V1.1

DwarvenRailTank1.jpg

This post is to show additional images and provide the test map and another map me and Vypur85 made. It is not meant for downloading the actual model. If you'd like to download the model then look here where it is posted in the hive model section:
Dwarven Rail Tank: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/dwarven-rail-tank-133334/
Half Circle Tracks: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/half-circle-track-133335/

DwarvenRailTank2.jpg

DwarvenRailTank3.jpg

DwarvenRailTank4.jpg

DwarvenRailTank5.jpg

DwarvenRailTank6.jpg

DwarvenRailTank7.jpg

DwarvenRailTank8.jpg

TEST MAP:
First zip is the test map which is set up so you can easily see model in game and all its animations.

THE LAST STAND:
The second zip is a map which me and Vypur85 made which never got finished. If anyone would like to continue it then go ahead. Give credits for me and Vypur as the original map makers then modifed by ......
The map uses the tank in a defence game where waves of enemys are supposed to attack the gate and you use arrow keys and abilitys to move the tank around the half circle track to defend the gate from the on coming waves of enemys. This map clearly displays what the model is intended for.

Updated Versions?
I will consider making some fixes to the tank/tracks depending on comments.
However an update to "The Last Stand" is out of the question.

*Credit Sephiroth_VII for model.
*Credit Sephiroth_VII and Vypur85 for The Last Stand.

Attachments

• Dwarven Rail Tank V1.1.w3x
    132.9 KB · Views: 162
  • TheLastStand.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Level 26
Dude this map is awesome, i would totally play this. would you be able to upgrade the weapons? And what happens when you finally let one of those cute animals past you (one got by me and kept attacking my castle) :p tenacious little buggers arent they

(ps. now that i can see the portrait for the railtank, i think you should put the portrait so it shows the dwarf, just a small camera adjustment ^^)

Level 15
Dude this map is awesome, i would totally play this. would you be able to upgrade the weapons? And what happens when you finally let one of those cute animals past you (one got by me and kept attacking my castle) :p tenacious little buggers arent they

(ps. now that i can see the portrait for the railtank, i think you should put the portrait so it shows the dwarf, just a small camera adjustment ^^)

There's supposed to be archers on the castle walls to kill the units that hit the gate. The archers should be rather weak in attack, to allow the attackers to damage the gate a bit before dying. Upgrades were meant to be too. There was going to be shops were you can buy certain upgrades, like the mortar bombs, they could be upgraded to flaming mortars, ice mortars, thunder, nuke mortars, ect. Same for all the other weapon types. One of the Main cannons attack was supposed to be mages beam hince the animation of spell mages beam. Where it shoots a constant laser for a couple seconds which you can go left and right to sweep out the enemys. Of course as I already said someone else can finish the map, me and Vypur85 are done with it.

If you notice the portrait in the Dwarven Rail Tank has no animation. This is mainly to save space, instead of having to add 2-3 different portrait animaitons. I hope this isn't a problem if the dwarf in the portrait has no animation. Its already 314kb as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.