• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarven FATMAN

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Dwarven FATMAN V1.2
By: Sephiroth_VII
aka Daniel Manion
aka NautalusX

FATMAN: Yet another one of the dwarfs master creations. A huge tank that owns the battle field. It got its name for obvious reasons. A army on wheels equiped with every known dwarven weapon. Its armor is heavily fortified only weak against seige attacks.
The dwarfs feel that they already have plenty of tank models and theres no need for more!!!

Everything from scratch except:
Textures from Blizzard. Dwarf Model Meshes by Blizzard. (I reanimated the dwarf)
Most of the death explosion particles are a modified combination of WILLTHEALMIGHTY's nuke, and anarchianbedlam's PUMA(flares).

Thx to Blinkboy for the great animation tutorial.
Thx also to all the modelers who made the great tank and explosion type models, I've looked over many of them and studied them.

FATMAN1.jpg

FATMAN2.jpg

FATMAN3.jpg

FATMAN4.jpg

FATMAN5.jpg

FATMAN6.jpg

FATMAN7.jpg

FATMAN8.jpg

FATMAN9.jpg

FATMAN10.jpg

PLAY THE TEST MAP! JUST DO IT! YOUR MISSING OUT IF YOU DONT! I made custom abilitys for all the tanks animations.
TESTMAP:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/modeling-and-animation-276/dwarven-fatman-141023/#post1274213

FILE SIZE: This model file is 373kbs, when compressed in your maps mpq it shrinks to 95.9kbs. Which means it really only takes 95.9kbs of map file size.

I ran it through MDLVIS optimizer with most ticks checked. After that I ran it through Mdx Squisher. Also When making the mesh/animations I was really careful to be effecient as possible with high quality too. The only issues you should have with this, is it may cause some lag during death explode when it shoots out tons of particles.

------------ANIMATIONS------------
Stand - 1
Stand Alternate - (Support legs down)
Portrait
Stand - 2
Stand - 3
Walk
Attack" - Main Cannon
Attack Alternate - Main Cannon (Support legs down)
Spell First - Machine Gun
Spell Second - Mortar Cannons
Spell Third - AA Missiles
Spell Fourth - Mages Beam (Support legs down)
Death Explode
Decay Flesh

------------ATTACHMENTS-----------
weapon first - Main Cannon
weapon second - Machine Gun L
weapon third - Machine Gun R
weapon fourth - AA Missiles L
weapon fifth - AA Missiles R
sprite first - Mortar L1
sprite second - Mortar L2
sprite third - Mortar R1
sprite fourth - Mortar R2
sprite fifth - Middle Castle
sprite sixth - Back Right
chest -Overhead Dwarf
hand right - Orgin Dwarf
overhead - Overhead Tank
origin - Origin Tank
head - Dwarf Head

*Do NOT modify or redistribute this model in any way.*
*Copyright Daniel Manion 2009*
*Give Credit to Sephiroth_VII*

comments & criticisim plz.

Keywords:
Tank, Mechanical, Uber, Amazing, Awesome, Siege, Machine, Dwarven, Fatman, Machine, War,
Contents

Dwarven FATMAN (Model)

Reviews
18:42, 2nd Sep 2009 Pyritie: ...holy shit man, this is amazing! Just a few things you can fix though: - In the death and decay anims, hide the geosets that are giving the headlights that "beam" of light, if you get what I mean. - The death anim is...
Level 15
Why is this model still pending? I would really like a moderator to approve it. I already fixed all issues. Your have to test it in the game to see. The lights flickering. And on off states DOES work in the game but not in other model viewers. Also death explosion particles and smoke are better in game. This has to be tested IN GAME. And you will see that everything is fixed and works correctly.