• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarf Race

The Dwarves
Dwarf Race
by Footman16

Gameplay
To play Dwarves simply go Human. Dwarves focus on technology and late game units so a fast expansion is advised in order to get the better army. That said, your tier 1 units will still be usable late game. One thing to get right is economy as a poor economy will be very harmful to you.

Features
This map features Blizzard terrain, a replaced race (might make 5 later on) and cool new spells and units for it. The new race has ten combat units one worker and four heroes. There are upgrades for every unit and a great amount of flexibility is available; whether you want to go tech heavy, organic or a mix of everything. I made this for other people to use in their campaign/map. Simply export the imports and object data and import into your map but remember to credit me and the makers of the resources.

Screenshots
The Playable Race
219951-albums6371-picture69043.jpg
The units
219951-albums6371-picture69048.png

Credits

Thanks to these guys: Frankster, NFwar, Mr.Goblin, Pryamidhe@d, Norinrad, Tranquil, GreyArchon, TurieL, Ultimata, l0w_kwaliti, Deolrin, IamMclovin, lieutang, DonDustin.

Keywords:
Dwarf, Dwarves, Alliance, Human, World Of Warcraft, Warcraft, Ironforge, Wildhammer, Bronzebeard, Clan, Mortar, Tank, Steampunk, Warcraft 3.
Contents

Dwarf Race (Map)

Reviews
20:25, 14th May 2013 Orcnet: I like your idea of the dwarf race, a mixture of solid mage spell casters, some powerful units that can take hold on defenses deeply, as well as a new skin for the human buildings, although a little more tweek can do but...

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Well cool. I'm pretty sure I downloaded a while ago, but never got a chance to try it out... So I won't know the difference. Still, good to hear you finally got a 12th unit in there; now it's complete! Will have to try this out (someday...).

Thanks for posting; it always bugs me when people update stuff & don't say what. : )

Well cool. I'm pretty sure I downloaded a while ago, but never got a chance to try it out... So I won't know the difference. Still, good to hear you finally got a 12th unit in there; now it's complete! Will have to try this out (someday...).

Thanks for posting; it always bugs me when people update stuff & don't say what. : )

Thanks lol, I'm quite lazy when it comes to changelogs.

Depends upon the "major updates" that you wish to make, otherwise I feel it wouldn't really be my Dwarf race depending upon how much you change it. However I'd be more than happy for you to use it with the right credit given to all the makers of the resources and as long as the major changes don't make the original race unrecognizable.

Level 14
Depends upon the "major updates" that you wish to make, otherwise I feel it wouldn't really be my Dwarf race depending upon how much you change it. However I'd be more than happy for you to use it with the right credit given to all the makers of the resources and as long as the major changes don't make the original race unrecognizable.

All what you said, undoubtedly I happy to follow.

If it does, it will be only because it took 10 times as long. : )

Yeah, I should update all my custom maps since I've already made some large edits to some like the Scarlet Crusade map and the High Elf. I might completely re-make the Blood Elf one as it's probably the worst, I hate it.

Level 7
I really used to play this map and race with the TESV Skyrim Main Theme Music (Very fitting for Dwarves).

I can find a 1-hour or 10 hours version of the HOMM5 HoF/TotE Fortress Theme Music on/from YouTube (It was a very good theme for Heroes 5 Dwarves). It was very fun with Skyrim Theme and Heroes 5 Fortress Theme Music. ^^

Pretty awesome, using all the units and heroes in a map human/elf/dwarf units vs orc/undead/ogrestuff. Fun play! I put it on EchoIsles as well for 1v1, I love the mechanized units.

Thanks! I tried to give the Dwarf race two paths of tech: mechanical or biological (or a mix of both) similar to how most races have their Caster/Special unit split i.e Orc has Raider/SW or WD/HH or Human has Workshop or Casters.