• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dusty Sword

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a sword, now quite dirty from battle. My first using in-game textures. Sorry for the bad screenshot, Warcraft currently not working. 'Portrait' model is the dropped item model.

Increased detail, which also increased polys (Hope you guys have good computers! Also wrapped the texture better. Hope this meets General Frank's requirements!

Wrapped that wooden guard bit better, fixed the tip of the blade (Which was open slightly), and changed the hilt stock to a onyx texture, which fits it and replaces the small and bad texture.

This is going to drive me nuts! If this doesn't get approved, then I'm gonna need some help! Anyway, updated wooden handle guard wrap.

Mini-update: Forgot the camera for the world model.

Keywords:
dirty, dusty, sword, big, weapon, blade, slice, high poly, onyx
Contents

Dusty Sword (Model)

Dusty Sword (Model)

Reviews
3rd September 2010 General Frank: The wrap of the texture is really bad and the mesh is that simple. Improve both to have this approved, because I think this particular model might be very useful. 5th September 2010 General Frank: The wrap...

M

3rd September 2010
General Frank:

The wrap of the texture is really bad and the mesh is that simple. Improve both to have this approved, because I think this particular model might be very useful.

5th September 2010
General Frank:
The wrap of the wooden part as well as the grip's stock is very bad. Furthermore, the normals of the blade are facing the wrong way. Please fix that.

5th September 2010
General Frank:
The wrap is still very bad.

7th September 2010
General Frank:
Since you are not doing any progression on improving this model and its wrap I will reject this model for now. Please PM me if you have done sufficient improvement.

Level 18
Very high poly count for such a simple sword. But it's still woth to use it ;)
I would reduce Poly Count, change the handle to an easier one with only four edges.

Also the Sword tip looks like added seperately, not like it's the tip of the metal from the sword. Should be wrapped more smoother to make it look like it's just one part of metal.

But a good try using InGame Textures

Level 18
It's not the high poly that counts, its the filesize, and im pretty sure anyone can spare 30kb.

not correct, because more polys will cause big laggs if you use many of those models.
You can place 50 Wc3 Villagers in your Editor and play the map, while it would lagg bad when you place 50 let's say WoW-Ripped Models in the Editor and try to play it.. It depends on your PC Power, but not everybody has a nice PC so low Polycounts are also important, not only filesize ;) So with high polys you have to think about how many of those will be used in a map, wouldn't make much sense to make a high detailed, high poly model and use it as creep, for let's say Green TD?