1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Durotar - Zone 2

Submitted by Metalbear
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This map is a continuation of this region. With the experience of the previous map, I expect this map to be rated even better. Despite the fact that the previous map was unappreciated and rated bad, Ive decided to give another try and see what will happen. In this map it was a looong 1 week of work with! It wasnt just placing objects and so on, I had to make new more bizarre work by thinking of ideas. Some of the ideas were implemented in this map, the others are left for future maps as surprise. I have indeed further extended my skills from this map greatly in rpg map templates! The map is NOT exactly a copy wow map. I have made some personal changes to fit my own liking! No demo mobs are placed in this map, as I had problem with the previous one being rejected because of em.

I would suggest to not trust the screenshots. They are put in there, just to let the map bypass the rules. My videocard is Nvidia 5200fx, which in the current standards of computer tech its ancient. The graphics it generated are low quality by lowering texture rendering and so on. If you want to see the map in even a better view, then I suggest you to download it and have a personal look with your modern pc/laptop!

Here are the screenies:

Screenie 1
Screenie 2
Screenie 3
Screenie 4
Screenie 5

Keywords:
world of warcraf, WoW, durotar, barren
Contents

Durotar - Zone 2 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael [img] Date: 2013/Jan/27 20:02:51 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] [img] Comment:Updated & Approved. [tr]Not Rated [img] Rules
  1. Vengeancekael [​IMG]
    Date: 2013/Jan/27 20:02:51
    [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] [​IMG]

Comment:
    Updated & Approved.​
    Not Rated
    [tr]

[​IMG] Rules[/tr]

2. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    You have placed the walls of the camp uncorrectly. Hold down Shift while placing them so you can place them on each other or so. Now you can see that each wall piece has 2 endings and they stack like I--II--II--II--I (Walltower, Wall, Walltower, Walltower, Wall)
    However with Shift help you can place them so that there is only walls and walltowers after eachother.

3. Metalbear

Metalbear

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    As foreigner, Im not sure exactly what you just said. If you meant about the missed wall spots, then I must inform you that those are supposed to be broken wall space... In actual WoW this place is in even worse condition! All buildings are literally equal with the ground. The walls in there are even more scarce. Sadly, wc3 doesnt have separate stone models, which could imitate broken wall remains. I could experiment on it tho in future maps.

Am I supposed to take your comment as "map sux"? Pretty disappointed to hear only bad stuff about this art, since I worked my ass hard on it. I start to understand why there is such lack of template map makers. -.-

4. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Nope, just told you about hotkey of Holding Down Shift key in world editor while placing doodads as I thought you do not know it yet.

5. Metalbear

Metalbear

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Show me with screenshot or some map, cause I REALLY dont know what you try to say. Shif + mouse button = letting the computer to autoplace the objects whenever he finds a free spot. I placed everything in the map manually for better quality on everything!

6. SeekAndDestroy

SeekAndDestroy

Resources:
    Resources:
    this terrain looks very nice! it could be useful for a arena map!

7. Metalbear

Metalbear

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    WoWz, my first nice comment ever about those map chains! <3 Kinda stimulating to continue the next zones.

8. meatfactory

meatfactory

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    A lot of empty space, blizzard cliffs, few custom doodads, no fog effects... terrain is pretty plain overall. If you want to make good templates download some the highest rated maps and check out the terrain (learn from them).

9. SeekAndDestroy

SeekAndDestroy

Resources:
    Resources:
    please make zone 3! :D I really like these kind of maps

If you put both maps in a single one it will look awesome

But please don't put to many cliffs! :D put them more realistic. Ex: put 2 cliffs in a place and next to them put 3 or 4 and etc

Nice maps 5/5

10. Metalbear

Metalbear

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I am glad that you liked it, but I dont think Its worth for me to work any longer on the bug editor in serious matter.

11. Remixer

Remixer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    What you mean?

12. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Hm.. i see what the problem here is... people are waay too spoiled by maps like UTM, with FusterCluck of custom doodads and effects to appreciate a traditional map nowadays :/

I commend anyone who thinks creatively and uses what he has at and to make complex stuff, like that village you made outta murloc huts