• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeons, Dragons, Treasures!

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Link to Forum Page about this Map etc.

First Late-Beta release
Patch 0.0.
Ive read that "Late Beta" maps can be uploaded too, and this is pretty much it. As gameplay, its pretty much finished. It lacks Items and Heroes are not all complete, but that shold be added soon. Hopefully this isnt against rules, thanks.

PS: Sorry, i tend to write long messages, hope its not TL;DR :D
What is this?
If you have ever played World of Warcraft, you might be familiar with Dungeons and Raids - you have party of 5/40 heroes, you enter huge dungeon, meet bosses, defeat them, get loot, and progress. Every boss has got different tactics, your party is always made of different heroes, and your job is to defeat them with your skills and skills.

What i want to do?
I like 5-man dungeons. Tactics. Epic fights and insane screams on Teamspeak when it gets really heavy.
So, im working on my own map - You pick 5 heroes. Enter huge dungeon. Meet bosses, learn how to defeat them, and then proceed further, as your heroes improve, and as it gets harder. And few nice secrets.
And of course. Majestic, forgotten dungeons waiting to be explored.

What its not going to be ?!
Simple Tank & Spank fights. No 25k hitpoint boss with Chain Lightning, Firebolt and Summon X. Every Boss will have mechanics youll need to follow to beat him. So it will be about skill and luck too! :p

And now things, step by step:
Players:
-Map is for up to 5 players - 1 hero per player. If less people will play, one player will get to control more heroes, and so on. Single player mode will be also possible, though id would require some nerfs, as when you control 5 heroes, you cant control them as much as when you have got 1 or 2.
Regarding Single Player:
Im thinking about adding AI controller if youre on Single Player. Why? If you had 5 heroes, its very hard if not impossible to move them around, cast all spells and so on with all of them (2-3 heroes is top limit, then you dont have enough time to use all spells and so). So you could give one hero to player 2, controlled by Computer, and he would follow you, use spells, and so on. Less tasks for you.
PS: But this would be mostly for Damage dealing heroes. Healer and Tank should be player controlled, those are main heroes, and most responsible ones :)

Heroes and your Hero Party:
- Map will contain my own custom heroes. Youll be able to choose them, try them out, and then pick the one that suits you well.
-If you dont want my custom heroes, you can also choose from normal Warcraft 3 heroes. (More info at HeroForge below)
-Party will be made from 5 heroes.
-Each hero has got 4 abilities and 1 ultimate. One might be passive. More info at "Progress"
- Heroes will start at level 10 (More info at Dungeon Progress)
- When youe Hero dies, he will respawn at main "Town", but wont be able to join fight (if other heroes are still fighting) unless whole party is dead and fight is reset.
-I would like to add "HeroForge" too - place, where you can create your own hero, from classic Warcraft 3 Abilities. Since it would be disadvantage to have classic Warcraft 3 hero, with only 4 spells, while mine will have 5, and some classic Heroes have got some good and some utterly useless spells (Far Seer - Chain Lightning and Feral Spirit are great spells. But you wont use Far Sight and Earthquake at all. So why not have hero with Lightning, Feral Spirit, and 3 more spells you want?). So, create your own hero! But of course, with 4 classic abilities and 1 ultimate. Of your choice. (well, not useless spells like Farsight (useless in this map))

Party Make-up:
In Dungeons, youll need to survive if you want to kill something. So, you will need somebody to heal you. Somebody to kill things that want to kill you. Somebody to taunt enemies, so your weaker heroes will survive.
So, i divided heroes into few categories:
Healer: Hero that is capable only of healing friends. Buffing them. keeping your party alive. You will NEED at least one of those. (actually, only 1 :3)
Spell Examples: Rejuvenation, Holy Light, Healing Wave
Hero Examples: There arent any in standard Healer heroes Warcraft 3, tbh :3
Support: Weaker healers, capable of damage, supporting party and helping friends.
Spell Examples: Summons, Healing Spells, Auras, nasty damage spells.
Hero Examples: Keeper of the Groove, Paladin, Shadow Hunter
Destroyer: AoE Damage Dealers, that can easily die, and easily kill hordes of weaker enemies.
Spell Examples: Flame Strike, Starfall, Rain of Fire, Blizzard
Hero Examples: Blood Mage, Pit Lord
Tank: Those guys capable of taking damage. One should be always in your party, to protect your Destroyer and Healer from damage. Much hitpoints, good defensive skills.
Spell Examples: Avatar, Evasion, Spiked Carapace
Hero Examples: Mountain King, Demon Hunter, Crypt Lord
Dueler or what :D : Sometimes you wont face boss and his minions, but only boss, and thats when hero with AoE spells become useless and heroes with mainly Single-Target damage come in handy. I guess heroes, not as vulnerable as Destroyers, and capable of dealing damage belong here
Spell Examples: Storm Bolt, Shadow Strike, Mana Burn
Hero Examples: Errr

Progress:
- As you will defeat bosses, your heroes will get stronger.
This part is still not perfect and i might change it.
- After you defeat boss, every hero will get 1 more level = so, one skill point for abilities and some stats.
- Bosses shold keep getting harder, more complicated and will require more and more skill (and strength :D) to defeat!

Items:
Similarly as Progress, i might change this.
Bosses should give you some loot - Items of good and better quality, that will give stats and other things to your heroes. Originally i wanted to have 5 types of items:

(Colours of quality are kinda from WoW :D)
Consumables: Potions, scrolls, and so on. You will get some HP and MP potions before each fight, about 2-3 per hero, for free.
Uncommon: Better items, that give some minor stats. Buyable.
Rare: Items dropped from bosses. Each Boss will drop 2 (?) Rare items. Each boss will have different "Loot Table", but all of them should drop items for Damage Dealers, Punishment Takers, Healers, and so on.
Rare Item should give stats equal to 10 from any stat - 10 Str, Agi, Intel. but 10 Strength is pretty much like 400 HP, or lets say 25 bonus damage, so their stats will vary, but they all should be equally good.
Epic: Each boss will drop 1 (?) Epic Item, twice as strong as Rare ones.
Legendary: Those items are so insanely strong, that they wont even be acquirable, ill think of something for them :D

Bosses and Dungeon:
- Each Boss will have his own room, once fight starts, you cant run away, only win or die.
- There wont be any "Trash Mobs" between bosses, only Boss room - corridor - boss room and so on. Most of the time. But feel free to explore the dungeons, there are few secrets hidden!
- Each Boss will require some tactic to defeat him, if you "will stay in the fire", you will most likely die, while if you stick to the plan, you might defeat him without any problems (okay, with less problems :D)

Also, since youll need to figure out tactics... There are few ways.
The simple one is to ask me. Ill post here list of tactics for each boss, as not everybody might find out what to do atfer first try (i guess everybody will die one or twice till he gets stuff right, then just to follow it :D), and some things are hard to figure out. So:
- I guess ill post list of tactics.. here.. somewhere..
- And then Intelligence: (i couldnt come up with better name)
If you wont have the wits, ill turn one of your heroes into sage. Now and then, when something happens during fight, you might get message from your hero that says "Hey, that X looks like we might use it to Y !" and so on - and yeah, the point will be exactly what that hero said!
So your hero might figure out tactics together with you.
And also, one randomly chosen hero will turn into my Avatar and spam jokes, sing and yell random stuff during fights. Just as i do when im in WoW Raid/Dungeon :) (and if you dont like me, you can turn it off :()

Screenshots, current data, and more stuff! (Beta stuff)

2mx3adf.jpg

2v0087l.jpg

21dhdu0.jpg

5ewu43.jpg

2hg6ckx.jpg

21jaiqa.jpg

m8elgw.jpg

Still in Beta, most Heroes are only half-completed due to lack of ideas and lazyness.
But ill add some names and short description :D (Lore later :D)
Ivodine Sarfani - Priest - Healer. Very powerful.
Astatine Sarfani - Paladin - Can take some damage, can heal friends, can deal some nice damage.
Shaddy - Pure Shadow - Ranged hero, adept at crippling enemy forces from afar and evading combat.
Richie - Heavens Vanguard -Strong offensive hero, good at dealing tons of damage.
Eugenim Tega - Bloodbane - Strong hero, that uses Life to cast spells and abilities. High speed, high life pool, hard to kill.
Maelstorm - Unbalanced Engineer - Melee hero armed with sabre and gun, that can easily move around battlefield and use quick and random attacks.
Mouzyy Fochscrowl - Thats me! -(Adventurer) - Melee fighter hero, with minor skills in magic.
Tarene - Swift Light - Fast, light healer that can easily move around battlefield, and while she has weaker heals, (like Ivodine), she can use them more often.
Fal'tir - Guardian - Battle mage that isnt afraid of rolling in the vanguard of army and blasting foes at close range.
Sophie - Teh blonde archer - Ranged hero, adept at supporting party, healing friendly units, and yet striking foes.

List is still increasing, id like to have at least 3-4 healers later on (currently its 2) and around.. up to 20 heroes, lets say.

Other Heroes:
Shaed'Arain - Necromancer - Adept at summoning undead creatures and destroying enemy forces.
Lane - Healer - Errr
Nite'Arain - errr

And one special hero. Woo! :D

Current Bosses:
Chapter I
Shaed'Arain, the Skeletal King.
Kuca and Paca. Wolf kin.
Aeon. Pyromaniac.

This is first release. Updates are coming soon.
Id like to make few "Chapters", or main patches - total of 3 parts, each one wil contain new bosses, maybe heroes, and some fixes/tweaks to actual game.

Things that will get updated:
Actual loading screen..
Heroes will get finished
Items and Inventory will be added - loot from bosses!
And more bosses will eventually come!*
Also, if youe got any ideas, questions and stuff, ask me. This is my very 1st real map uploaded here, i might have forgotten something, it might lack something, and so on.

Thanks, bye, enjoy the game!

Keywords:
Bossfight, Boss, Dungeon, Treasure, Dragon, Dragons, Epic, Dangerous, Adventure, Party, RPG,
Contents

Dungeons, Dragons, Treasures! (Map)

Reviews
11:20, 28th Aug 2013 Orcnet: please complete it.
Review of Dungeons, Dragons, Treasures!
By Legal_Ease
Comments

This is a WoW styled dungeon crawler with great terrain and wonderful special effects.
The feel is sweet and the setting looks great, but there are a few problems that need to be worked out.
I will elaborate.

The Pros
-Nice Tileset!
-Good Arrangement and Organization.
-Nice Description here too ^^
-Good Heroes
-Decent Selection system (though "Pick" must be in caps) I think this could be better, but it looks nice anyway.
-Good setup of selection system. (floating red text is irritating but its not in the Game area.)
-Nice doodads and general terrain layout!
-Unit reply and response text is a cool feature. "I am ready to go!" or whatever it says. It works!
-Lots of eye candy! Ya, this stuff looks freakin' cool!!!

Suggested Improvements

-Fix Icons! DISBTNs! Some Heroes share Icons. This is an advanced map and simple things like this should be
worked out before release.
-Some walls I could walk through - like the magic fence thing.
-I had no idea how to open the first big gate. I bought a staff and TP'd over. Then I cheated "greedisgood" and
bought a zep. Never did get the gate to open.
-Heroes had more experience at start than they had spells for 15 levels but only like 10 levels of spells.
-Standard items - custom might be nice.
-Too much text flying around the hero selection scene. I couldn't read it because it overlapped.
-Hero Selection (while cool looking) was a bit confusing. You could make something easier like a "Pick" ability for
each hero (wish I thought of this for my last map). So ya, add the ability "Pick" to each hero. Make a Trigger event
Unit - Casts ability / Condition - Ability = to "Pick" then unpause triggering unit. Typing commands is a bit funky, I
know a lot of people do it, but its a shortcut / the easy way out.
-Hero selection. I was confused by the unavailable units and didn't see which ones were available at first. Of course
this will be no problem once they are all available.
-Experience does not help unlock new abilities and only adds to attributes. fix it. Experience should do something.
-Goblin Zeplin might making cheating easy. I'm not sure but you will know if it does.
-Mob warfare was crazy, it looked cool but wasn't much fun. See Screenshot below.
-Game seems to require 5 players. Add AI? I know final version should have 5 heroes for a single player but
currently only 3 allowed, and you can't win with 3.
-CREDITS!!! You did not make this all yourself!!! Skins/Spells/Models/Missiles give credit!

Overall Rating

2/5, +rep This is a quality map and really pleasant for the eye. It seems fun but is not balanced. There is no way into
the dungeon (ok maybe there is but I wasn't going to look for 10 minutes finding it. Overall great map, lots of potential
but its not in a state where it should be posted. It lack proper credits and has broken icons. Beta maps are allowed but
only if playable and 90% or so complete. This is not and has a lot of empty terrain still. I have high expectations for this
map and it will be truly spectacular when it is done. But its not ready.

Last edited:
Level 30
Level 7
Review of Dungeons, Dragons, Treasures!
By Legal_Ease
Comments

This is a WoW styled dungeon crawler with great terrain and wonderful special effects.
The feel is sweet and the setting looks great, but there are a few problems that need to be worked out.
I will elaborate.

The Pros
-Nice Tileset!
-Good Arrangement and Organization.
-Nice Description here too ^^
-Good Heroes
-Decent Selection system (though "Pick" must be in caps) I think this could be better, but it looks nice anyway.
-Good setup of selection system. (floating red text is irritating but its not in the Game area.)
-Nice doodads and general terrain layout!
-Unit reply and response text is a cool feature. "I am ready to go!" or whatever it says. It works!
-Lots of eye candy! Ya, this stuff looks freakin' cool!!!

Suggested Improvements

-Fix Icons! DISBTNs! Some Heroes share Icons. This is an advanced map and simple things like this should be
worked out before release.
-Some walls I could walk through - like the magic fence thing.
-I had no idea how to open the first big gate. I bought a staff and TP'd over. Then I cheated "greedisgood" and
bought a zep. Never did get the gate to open.
-Heroes had more experience at start than they had spells for 15 levels but only like 10 levels of spells.
-Standard items - custom might be nice.
-Too much text flying around the hero selection scene. I couldn't read it because it overlapped.
-Hero Selection (while cool looking) was a bit confusing. You could make something easier like a "Pick" ability for
each hero (wish I thought of this for my last map). So ya, add the ability "Pick" to each hero. Make a Trigger event
Unit - Casts ability / Condition - Ability = to "Pick" then unpause triggering unit. Typing commands is a bit funky, I
know a lot of people do it, but its a shortcut / the easy way out.
-Hero selection. I was confused by the unavailable units and didn't see which ones were available at first. Of course
this will be no problem once they are all available.
-Experience does not help unlock new abilities and only adds to attributes. fix it. Experience should do something.
-Goblin Zeplin might making cheating easy. I'm not sure but you will know if it does.
-Mob warfare was crazy, it looked cool but wasn't much fun. See Screenshot below.
-Game seems to require 5 players. Add AI? I know final version should have 5 heroes for a single player but
currently only 3 allowed, and you can't win with 3.
-CREDITS!!! You did not make this all yourself!!! Skins/Spells/Models/Missiles give credit!

Overall Rating

2/5, +rep This is a quality map and really pleasant for the eye. It seems fun but is not balanced. There is no way into
the dungeon (ok maybe there is but I wasn't going to look for 10 minutes finding it. Overall great map, lots of potential
but its not in a state where it should be posted. It lack proper credits and has broken icons. Beta maps are allowed but
only if playable and 90% or so complete. This is not and has a lot of empty terrain still. I have high expectations for this
map and it will be truly spectacular when it is done. But its not ready.

Yay, i wondered whether it wil be taken down, i guess its my bad, sorry, ill upload it to my topic as Beta then and fix! But thanks for feedback, now i know what to fix, but i could add few comments :D

- Icons and Credits: Ah, sorry i also forget to add credits for Icons, i just gave some for models :O ill update that! And i know DIS ones kinda bug, its just visual so i didnt fix that much, ill try to fix it :D
The walls at the magic fence were supposed to be walkable, the fence itself was more like to show borders of place where owner change happens :D but if it confuses people, i might do something about it.
Gate didnt open? Darn, i guess something misfired, it was supposed to open once 5 Heroes are chosen, and that bugged too, i think i failed to check it again? Ill do some fixes, i know it bugged before but i thought i fixed that.
Heroes - Well, as it was first release i just put them to level 10 and gave them many skillpoints. In future, Heroes will start on level 10 and will get 1 level after each Boss is defeated, so they will keep getting stronger, and Abilities will have each 5 levels (or so), so youll upgrade your spells too :3
-Mob Craze - well, darn ill decrease amount of gnolls, lower their respawn timer, give Heroes +1000HP per sec item or something so they wont die, and also remove fog of war from starting area.
Also, ill change that starting town, i dont even know why i gave other goblin shops and stuff there, it just needs Wel to refill life and mana, 1 or 2 shops and small camp of humans :D

And also, this map is kinda healing-intensive :D without healer you will die, so ill make it, that you will have to choose Healer first. And while it is for 5 players, i did it solo when testing, and while its possible, i dont reccomend it - i barely did healing part, taking care of 5 heroes is kinda much, so ill try to add AI, and if at least 2 players play it, you can always divide 5 heroes amongst them, and 2/3 are at limits of control :D

So, thanks for rewiev, now i know what to fix, ill get down to it :D Also, i wanted to do one beta-test with my friends to check whether all mchanicsa re working, but i couldnt find more than 2 people at one moment (everybody is busy), so i skipped test, and i guess thats what i get for it, i didnt fix something :D

be right back with fixed map :D