• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeons & Dragons map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've finished a basic layout of the map and im gonna call this Alpha V1.0, test it out and see if they're are any bugs so far. (3 SIDE NOTES VERY IMPORTANT!!!!,Do not complain if you cannot beat the map with the priest or at all, because i havnt tested the priest that much and this map is VERY challenging,ALSO when you rescue the innkeeper's wife make sure THE HERO STEPS INFRONT OF THE TABLE, NOT THE WIFE,and if your wondering, yes there is healing its either, next to the innkeeper, or really really really slow over time sorta like classic DnD)

Attachments

• Dungeons & Dragons Reborn.w3x
    79.6 KB · Views: 84
Level 5
Now usually, I do not test out maps. But since I am here, I say why not. Now of course I actually found more glitches then what you would had imagine. If you would like me to, I could fix it up nicely to make it better. :) However, what I may do may not be in your exact image. But I'll try my best. So want to accept the deal?

Oh by the way, it is actually really easy. I think you need to make it more challenging for players. But at least beginners are a winner in my book. Because they think similar to me a lot of times. Even though I have done many more GUI then above average. Oh and I'll be also protecting these maps if you agree. Not to worry, I'll still send you unprotected copies so you can add something in it.

So what do you think?

Level 24
Terrain (1/10)
-Few diffrent doodads
-Few diffrent types of terrain textures
-Only used incrase and decrase terrein level instead of raise and lower
-Only a small part of the map is actully used.
-The city wall parts has not been adjusted well to each other
-Roads are very porely made

Units (2/10)
-Few types of units
-No costume models
-Few hero classes
-Leveling is insanly difficult since mobs give next to no XP
-Archmage can't be purshased since he costs food
-The paladin hero says missing tooltip when purshasing him from the tavern

+The paladin hero has entertaining abilitys

Triggers (3/10)
-No respawn trigger
-There are extremly few triggers
-Triggers are very simple and you don't seem to use any advance triggers

+Triggers does seem to work
+You've added a quest

Rating of the map: 2/10

Level 3
Terrain (1/10)
-Few diffrent doodads
-Few diffrent types of terrain textures
-Only used incrase and decrase terrein level instead of raise and lower
-Only a small part of the map is actully used.
-The city wall parts has not been adjusted well to each other
-Roads are very porely made

Units (2/10)
-Few types of units
-No costume models
-Few hero classes
-Leveling is insanly difficult since mobs give next to no XP
-Archmage can't be purshased since he costs food
-The paladin hero says missing tooltip when purshasing him from the tavern

+The paladin hero has entertaining abilitys

Triggers (3/10)
-No respawn trigger
-There are extremly few triggers
-Triggers are very simple and you don't seem to use any advance triggers

+Triggers does seem to work
+You've added a quest

Rating of the map: 2/10
I was just wondering what you mean by entertaining abilities?

Level 5
I believe he means they are fun and different. Although I must note. Even though I had sent you my email, I cannot really use it as much. Since with my internet not working properly. But I can still type this message here at least.

Bad points:

-Boring Terrain
-Few Custom Units
-No Custom models\skins\icons
-Few different doodads
-Only a small part of the map is used
-No respawn triggers
-Few and simple triggers
-Priest can't purchased

Good points:
+Triggers work
+You've added a quest

Rating: 2\5

Does a map really need custom models right now? It's only just started. He doesn't have to straight away get a bunch of custom models. He can just use default wc3 models for now. But when the map gets better, then he can add custom models.

Level 24
Even though there's only one character the one he does have do have fun abilitys that fits for the class.

Level 3
Even though there's only one character the one he does have do have fun abilitys that fits for the class.

The Paladin isnt fully complete, very close i just need to tweak a few things such as scripts, and im switching Endurance Aura from armor enhancing to something else.

Level 3
Oh, and let me know which one i should do, in the next Alpha im releasing a new class, pick either Dwarf Warrior, or Elf/Drow Elf Druid (not completely sure on using the blood elves for elves or the night elves for Drow elves)

Level 24
Well since I'm guessing you'll be using the Kal'dorei (Night elf) model as druid I'm going to go with Dwarf Warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.