• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

dummys^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
sorry this is i think a very stupid question
but how to make the dummys invisible when they should cast sth???
they always get visible when i made them

Level 2
there are two possibilities
you can make your dummy invisible by using a trigger
Unit - hide (last created unit)
or just make it look like nothing by going into the object editor and make its model to none.mdx
this is the was i make them invisible
but if you do it this way dont give him a shade and add the locust ability
my first post^^

Level 11
The second one is better since you can see effects caused by the dummy unit. And it reduces the number of triggers if you forget to hide the dummy for example. Moreover, I'm not sure if you can order the dummy unit to damage other unit (never tried), which is the only way to trigger damage and make it cause bounty.

~Daelin

Level 2
thx^^

ahh now i understand
all then people talked about dummys but i never get them invisible^^
but what is when u use dummys and u end the spell u r doing before the normal end.....how to kill the dummys then?? :?: :?: :roll: :roll:

Level 9
or you can add actions like; wait ## secs & remove last created unit. This only works if you only have 1 dummy unit.

Another way is to create another trigger like;

E: A unit finishes casting a unit
C: unit type of casting unit = dummy unit & ability being cast = spell
A: remove casting unit

I hope it will work. :D

Level 11
It's pointless to create too many triggers. In the second part, you mostly know how much the spell lasts (like Starfall, Tranquility, Volcano and other channeling spells) but for spells like Drain Life indeed, you don't know how much it will last. So you should orientate. My version is much simpler since you know for sure when the dummy unit is removed, forcerfully.

~Daelin

Level 2
next problem.....

i have a new problem with dummys now.......:

i want to create dummys which send a shockwave to an targeted unit
i do it on this way:

unit cast a spell
spell=modified stormbolt
create 3 dummy shockwave near the positon of casting unit
order last created unit group to Shockwave targeted unit

but this doesnt work the dummys dont use the spell i want them to use.....
why???i mean the ice and fire starfall worked too so why not this shockwave????

and i want to say thank u too all people who are writting in here and helping other people.....u are the best!!!!!!!!!

Level 11
Wrong... Because if you are casting a challenging starfall in tandem with a dummy unit and both of you cast the starfall so that you obtain the ice/fire effect, if you stop casting the starfall, with your method the dummy will continue casting it. In this case you have to forcefully remove it.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.