• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Dummy spells for hotkeys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I want soem spells that are unit target or area target to be instant cast I wonder is there a spell that is not visible on the unit, but can be activated with hokey and when cast to order a trigger to cast the real spell? I was thinking channel but if I dont have the tag 'visible'then I fear it might not activate.

Level 11
Because I want soem spells that are unit target or area target to be instant cast I wonder is there a spell that is not visible on the unit, but can be activated with hokey and when cast to order a trigger to cast the real spell? I was thinking channel but if I dont have the tag 'visible'then I fear it might not activate.
You have esc and arrow buttons.

Level 9
Hello. I think that if a spell isn't visible it can't be casted via hotkey(no sure about that). You can use channel with instant box checked, that way is an istant ability and can be used to activate the trigger via hotkeys. Or you can make 2 ability based on channel (remember to change the sting command), one ability is visible but has a black icon, the other is not visible. When the unit cast the first ability a trigger make it cast the second one. Maybe it's a bit tricky and complex but you cna still try

Status
Not open for further replies.