• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Dubbel free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hai gays and gals. I have a little problem with my dot system. I get a dubbel free of typ DotInterface, when i destroy it. I think the problem is in the "indexer". Well time to go to work cya all later and thanks in advance

JASS:
    globals
        private constant    integer     FPS                     = 30
        private constant    real        FREC                    = 1/FPS
    endglobals
//* ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ 
//* Interface
//* ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ 
    interface DoTInterface
//*
//*        
        method DoTonLoop       takes nothing returns nothing       defaults nothing // Will trigger once even if .toGroup is true
//*    

method DoTonDamage     takes nothing returns nothing       defaults nothing // Will trigger once when the unit get damaged.
//*                                                                              // If .toGroup is true then it will trigger once for every unit 
//*                                                                              
        method DoTonFinish     takes nothing returns nothing       defaults nothing // Will run when the duration is over
//*
//*        
        method DoTonDeath      takes nothing returns nothing       defaults nothing // Will trigger every interval if the unit is death
//*                                                                              // If you want the trigger to stop destroy the struct
//*                                                                              // If .toGroup is true it wont repeat on dead units
//*                                                                            
    endinterface
//* DoT struct
    struct DoTAdV extends DoTInterface
//* DoT aka Damage over Time
//*    
        boolean         toDestroy           = true
        //NYI//boolean         toGroup             = false
//*
        unit            DotSource
        unit            DotTarget
//*  
        real            DotDamage
        real            DotDuration
        real            DotInterval
        real            DotTick
//* 
        integer         DotDamageType       = DAMAGE_TYPE_SPELL
        integer         DotIndex
//*

//NYI// group           DotGroup
//*       
static  timer           DotTimer
static  integer array   IndexArray
static  integer         Index               = 0
//* Damage Loop
        static method Loop takes nothing returns nothing
            local thistype this
            local integer index = .Index - 1

loop
                exitwhen (index < 0)

set this = .IndexArray[index]

set .DotTick = .DotTick + 0.03

if .DotTick >= .DotInterval then

call UnitDamageTargetEx(.DotSource, .DotTarget,.DotDamage ,ATTACK_TYPE_MAGIC, .DotDamageType,false)

call .DoTonDamage()

set .DotDuration        = .DotDuration - .DotInterval

if GetWidgetLife(.DotTarget) <= .305 then

call .DoTonDeath()

endif

if .DotDuration <= 0. then

call .DoTonFinish()

if .toDestroy then

call .destroy()

endif

endif

set .DotTick = 0

endif

set index = index - 1
            endloop

endmethod
//* Start DoT method
        method DotStart takes unit Target, real Damage, real Intervals, real Duration returns nothing
            //Yay to berb for giving me the idea to this method from hes projectile system
            if not (Duration <= 0.0) or not (Intervals <= 0.0) or not (Damage == 0.0) or Duration < Intervals then

set .DotTarget             = Target
                set .DotDamage             = Damage
                set .DotInterval           = Intervals
                set .DotDuration           = Duration
                set .DotIndex              = .Index

set .IndexArray[.Index]    = this

set .Index                 = .Index + 1

if .Index == 1 then
                        call TimerStart(.DotTimer, .03, true, function thistype.Loop)
                    endif

//NYI//if .toGroup then
                    //    set .DotGroup           = CreateGroup()
                    //endif

else

debug call BJDebugMsg(SCOPE_PREFIX+" Failed to start DoT")
                return

endif

endmethod
//* Creation
        static method create takes unit Source, unit Target returns thistype
            local thistype this      = thistype.allocate()

set .DotSource      = Source

return this
        endmethod
//* Destruction
        method onDestroy takes nothing returns nothing

set .Index = .Index - 1
            set .IndexArray[.DotIndex] = .IndexArray[.Index]

if (.Index == 0) then
                call PauseTimer(.DotTimer)
            endif

endmethod
//* Initializer
        static method onInit takes nothing returns nothing

set thistype.DotTimer   = CreateTimer()

endmethod

endstruct
//* End of Library
endlibrary

Level 18
Double free of type: DotInterface is an error that sprouts when a struct instance is destroyed twice. When a struct is destroyed (remember it is an integer value) it is set to 0. When a struct of value "0" is destroyed, that error is displayed.

It commonly occurs when you've got many sources of death for whatever it is you're doing. If you do:

JASS:
if yourStruct != 0 then
    call yourStruct.destroy( )
endif

It will ensure that a null struct is not destroyed. The error itself is harmless, but it can be the roots of more complicated problems - it is best if you try to fix it now. Just look for all the places where you destroy your DoTAdV struct (it reads as an interface because the struct extends the interface) and ensure that there is no possibility that they could have been destroyed prior - or if they can then use an if-statement like I have shown.

Level 11
Yeah i know what double free is, it just that i can't find the problem.. I have used indexer's before but this one is busting my balls

Even if i do this (which i tried before it still gives me double frees

JASS:
if .toDestroy and (this != 0) then

call .destroy()

endif

it works well, when there are like 1-2 instances up but when i get like 3+ it starts to double free

PS. I only destroy the struct in the loop function

Last edited:
Level 18
Just to be absolutely sure.

JASS:

call .DoTonFinish()

if .toDestroy then

call .destroy()

endif

endif

Try putting two debug messages one before and one after, make sure that this is the call that is causing the double-free error. If it is, then the error message should come between your two encapsulating messages. I don't see anything in particular that is wrong with it, and if you're ensuring that this != 0 it seems odd that the message still shows.

JASS:

call .DoTonFinish()

if .toDestroy and this != 0 then

call BJDebugMsg("This should come before the error message.")
                                call .destroy()
                                call BJDebugMsg("This should come after the error message.")

endif

endif

Level 18
I'm not sure, I'll keep reading.

By the way I just saw this line: "//Yay to berb for giving me the idea to this method from hes projectile system" - for a second there I thought you were Bribe.

It makes no sense to me that you're getting a double-free error when you're ensuring that the struct is not null. I've got something else for you to try though; sometimes it can be logically confusing when you use the name this in a static method, and this may in fact be causing some strange unpredicted activity. When you've got a struct-variable named this in a static method it will essentially convert the method to an instance-method for that specific instance. In your loop you use both static members and instance members however you never use the thistype. prefix - my guess is that some of your names are being confused with each other internally. I'm not sure, but it is worth a try to figure out what is wrong; try changing the name of the variable (and don't cast the static method into an instance method).

Level 11
I added linkedList to the system, now it crashes wc3 instead... This system is cursed...

JASS:
library DoTSystem needs DamageSystem
//*
//* Globals
    globals
    endglobals
//* Interface
    interface DoTInterface
//*
//*        
        method DoTonLoop       takes nothing returns nothing       defaults nothing // Will trigger once even if .toGroup is true
//*    

method DoTonDamage     takes nothing returns nothing       defaults nothing // Will trigger once when the unit get damaged.
//*                                                                              // If .toGroup is true then it will trigger once for every unit 
//*                                                                              
        method DoTonFinish     takes nothing returns nothing       defaults nothing // Will run when the duration is over
//*
//*        
        method DoTonDeath      takes nothing returns nothing       defaults nothing // Will trigger every interval if the unit is death
//*                                                                              // If you want the trigger to stop destroy the struct
//*                                                                              // If .toGroup is true it wont repeat on dead units
//*                                                                            
    endinterface
//* DoT struct
//*    
//*
//*  
        real            DotTick
//* 
        integer         DotIndex
//*

//* 
private static timer DotTimer

implement List
//* Damage Loop
            local thistype this = .getFirst
            local integer index = 0

loop
                exitwhen this == 0

set .DotTick = .DotTick + 0.03

if .DotTick >= .DotInterval then

call UnitDamageTargetEx(.DotSource, .DotTarget,.DotDamage ,ATTACK_TYPE_MAGIC, .DotDamageType,false)

call .DoTonDamage()

if GetWidgetLife(.DotTarget) <= .305 then

call .DoTonDeath()

endif

call .DoTonFinish()

if .toDestroy and this != 0 then
                                call .destroy()
                            endif

endif

set .DotTick = 0

endif

set this = .getNext
            endloop

endmethod
//* Start DoT method
        method DotStart takes unit Target, real Damage, real Intervals, real Duration returns nothing

if not (Duration <= 0.0) or not (Intervals <= 0.0) or not (Damage == 0.0) or Duration < Intervals then

call .addList()
                call BJDebugMsg(I2S(.getLength))
                    if .getLength == 1 then

endif

//NYI//if .toGroup then
                    //endif

else

return

endif

endmethod
//* Creation
        static method create takes unit Source returns thistype

return this
        endmethod
//* Destruction

call .removeList()

if (.getLength == 0) then
                call BJDebugMsg("PAUSE")
            endif

endmethod
//* Initializer

endmethod

endstruct
//* End of Library
endlibrary

Level 18
What if you replace your loop method with:

JASS:
            local thistype data
            local integer index = Index - 1

loop
                exitwhen (index < 0)

set data = IndexArray[index]
                set data.DotTick = data.DotTick + 0.03

if data.DotTick >= data.DotInterval then
                    call UnitDamageTargetEx(data.DotSource, data.DotTarget, data.DotDamage, ATTACK_TYPE_MAGIC, data.DotDamageType,false)
                    call data.DoTonDamage() 
                    set data.DotDuration = data.DotDuration - data.DotInterval

if GetWidgetLife(data.DotTarget) <= .305 then
                        call data.DoTonDeath()

endif
                    if data.DotDuration <= 0. then
                        call data.DoTonFinish()
                        if data.toDestroy and data != 0 then
                            call data.destroy()

endif
                    endif
                    set data.DotTick = 0

endif

set index = index - 1

endloop

endmethod

It's the exact same code but instead of this I've used the name data - I seem to recall running into some tiny problems like this when avoiding explicitly defining scope parameters. Do not use the name this, there is no necessity of doing so and if anything it just makes your code harder to read. When I look at a static method I do not expect to see instance method implementations.

Either way, try it out; get back to meh.

Level 11
Well berb your way didn't work either but i have solved it now with "List". Thank all for your intrest anyway :)

EDIT:

well this is the code any ideas for improvement? :)

JASS:
library DoTSystem needs DamageSystem
//* DoTSystem by Ciebron
//* Beta version
//* 
//* Credits
//* Berb for inspiring me to some of the code
//* Globals
    globals
    endglobals
//* Interface
    interface DoTInterface
//*
//*        
//*    

//*                                                                              
//*
//*        
//*                                                                            
    endinterface
//* DoT struct
//*    
//*
//*  
        real            DotTick
//* 
        integer         DotIndex
//*

//* 
private static timer DotTimer
private static integer array IndexStack
private static integer Index = 0

implement List
//* Damage Loop
            local thistype this = .getFirst()

loop
                exitwhen this == 0

set .DotTick = .DotTick - 0.03

if .DotTick <= 0.0 then

call .DoTonDamage()

call .DoTonFinish()

if .toDestroy then
                                call .destroy()
                            endif

elseif GetWidgetLife(.DotTarget) <= .305 then

call .DoTonDeath()

if .toDestroy then
                                call .destroy()
                            endif

endif

set .DotTick = .DotInterval

endif

set this = .getNext()
            endloop

endmethod
//* Start DoT method

set .DotTick               = Intervals

call .addList()

if .getLength() == 1 then
                    endif

//NYI//if .toGroup then
                    //endif

else

return

endif

endmethod
//* Creation
        static method create takes unit Source returns thistype

return this
        endmethod
//* Destruction

call .removeList()

if (.getLength() == 0) then
            endif
        endmethod
//* Initializer

endmethod

endstruct
//* End of Library
endlibrary

Level 18
For a constantly iterated loop structure you're definitely better off using arrays than a "list" system. It really doesn't matter what order you sift through your data, as long as it is all done properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.