• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Drunken Haze (AOE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
The spells just weren't designed to be cast in that order. BoF doesn't leave a buff that DH could detect and then ignite, but DH does leave a buff that BoF can detect and ignite. Why do you need it to work in the opposite order? Is it just that you want BoF to also use its ignite damage over time whenever you cast the spell regardless of having cast DH before?

How long after casting BoF should DH automatically ignite the units? Presumably you'd want some sort of timed buff.

Level 4
I try to create Elementalist Mage. I want the abilities to interact with each other. e.g; Fire will burn, ice will slow down and damage, lightning damage and stun. (All area)

Q (Fire), W (Ice), E (Lightning), R (Triggering ability)

Any one of these abilities will be used, the other will not have any extra effect.

Level 13
I feel like he wants Drunken Haze as like a priming or enhancing ability.

Put haze on group of units, then cast: Fire makes them burn for damage, Ice slows and damages, Lightning stuns and damages.

In which case you will indeed be triggering at least the ice and lightning. It sounds like the default behavior of Drunken Haze and Breathe Fire should be fine.

Level 4
Like DotA2 Invoker?
I don't know Invoker. :V

I feel like he wants Drunken Haze as like a priming or enhancing ability.

Put haze on group of units, then cast: Fire makes them burn for damage, Ice slows and damages, Lightning stuns and damages.

In which case you will indeed be triggering at least the ice and lightning. It sounds like the default behavior of Drunken Haze and Breathe Fire should be fine.

Auumm... How can I use DH on group of units?

Level 25
Create a dummy ability based upon channel.
Pseudo code:
Events: A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions: Ability being cast == dummy
Actions: Set temppoint1 = position of target of ability being cast
create 1 dummyCaster at tempPoint1
Add pandaren brewmaster drunken haze custom ability (with NO MANA OR COOLDOWN!)

set tempGroup1 = alive units owned by an enemy of owner of triggering unit

foreach unit in tempGroup1
unit - order dummyCaster to Pandaren Brewmaster - DrunkHaze picked unit

cleanup temppoint1
cleanup tempGroup1

Kthxbai, this is best pseudo code ever, thx. Hugs 'n kisses.

Status
Not open for further replies.