• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
No Dragoon. Probably going to have to wait for Legacy of the Void for that.

To see all the models, just set campaign dependencies on and check the Previewer.

Level 13
They have sfx (ie the missile and some "force shield") for the Dragoon, but no unit. Guessing it got pulled from the final release for some reason :\

Probably holding it for Legacy of the Void. I'd expect to see scrapped and SC 1 units for their respective races in their respective expansions. So Heart of the Swarm probably has the lost Zerg units and a few Protoss units, and then the missing Protoss units are put in Legacy of the Void.

Level 19
the scouts and scourges and lurkers were for the campaign, dragoons arnt in. If dragoons are included in HotS's campaign, than they will be added. simpel.

Level 20
I think I remember reading something about dragoon tech being lost on Aiur. So I'd be surprised to see dragoons, because the immortals were created to basically replace them and upgrade the few dragoons which remained.

However, I dunno.

Level 13
I think I remember reading something about dragoon tech being lost on Aiur. So I'd be surprised to see dragoons, because the immortals were created to basically replace them and upgrade the few dragoons which remained.

However, I dunno.

Except Blizzard said long before the release that SC 1 units like the Dragoon would be in the editor regardless of the Immortal lore.

Level 13
I meant it would be silly to see them in the campaign.
Not really. There could be Tal'darim Dragoons (since Tal'darims are apparently no longer a small gang of cave Protoss), mostly because I doubt they have access to the Immortal technology.

Level 5
Probably holding it for Legacy of the Void. I'd expect to see scrapped and SC 1 units for their respective races in their respective expansions. So Heart of the Swarm probably has the lost Zerg units and a few Protoss units, and then the missing Protoss units are put in Legacy of the Void.

As far as I can tell, the scrapped Terran and Zerg units are already in. Just the Protoss ones aren't. Unless I'm mistaken, the units that were taken out for the Zerg were the Lurker, Scourge, and Swarm Guardian. All three units are in the model files. For the Terrans, they were the Vulture, Firebat, Goliath, Science Vessel Wraith, and Starbase. The only one that didn't show up was the Starbase (*tear, happened to be the one I was hoping for the most). Even the Nomad was kept as the Port Junker in Port Zion. But the Protoss only got their Scout back, and lost the Soul Hunter, Reaver, Dragoon, Arbiter, and Corsair.

As for there being no need for the Dragon or Reaver, the Tal'Darim shouldn't of had access to either the Immortal, Colossus, Stalker, Void Ray, or Phase Prism. As far as we know, they've been isolated from the rest of the Protoss for a very long time and shouldn't have access to newer Protoss equipment.

Level 9
Phalanx, you forgot the Defiler..
As for the Dragoon, I'm sure we'll see them during Story-Mode in the 'Toss expansion. Although I'm worried for the Defiler, since we find their fossils during one of the missions in WoL.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
A lot of protoss technology is limited in effectivness by their beliefs and laws or else they are very stupid.

In the SC2 campaign this was explained by the fact that with limited knowledge of protoss technonolgy the lab technitions on the hypherion (well the PHD guy) managed to create gas extractors which would teleport the gas to the command centre without any need for transportation via SCV. Despite having axcess to this technology for an unimaginably long time, the protoss still use probes to carry the gas to their nexuses. Eithor this means the protoss are actually quite stupid and have been taking for granted the technologuy left behind by their creators and not enhancing on it or their culture places restrictions on their development like silly rules such as "thou shelt not teleport gas from its source of origin.".

Level 9
A lot of protoss technology is limited in effectivness by their beliefs and laws or else they are very stupid.

In the SC2 campaign this was explained by the fact that with limited knowledge of protoss technonolgy the lab technitions on the hypherion (well the PHD guy) managed to create gas extractors which would teleport the gas to the command centre without any need for transportation via SCV. Despite having axcess to this technology for an unimaginably long time, the protoss still use probes to carry the gas to their nexuses. Eithor this means the protoss are actually quite stupid and have been taking for granted the technologuy left behind by their creators and not enhancing on it or their culture places restrictions on their development like silly rules such as "thou shelt not teleport gas from its source of origin.".

Yeah, I remember seeing that and wondering why the Protoss never made use of such a thing. I mean, if they're right about humans being a young race and being less intelligent and so on, shouldn't thay have been doing such a thing for a long time?

Greger, not sure we'll be getting schematics, but I'm rather confident we'll see some Dragoons. Just because they conveniantly "forgot" how to make them, doesn't mean that each and every dragoon is destroyed. I mean, those things are built to last centuries!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
In the terran campaign of wings of liberty, a lot of the units you produce like vultures, goliathes and wraiths were decommisionned or obsolete technology.

It is my guessing in the zerg campaign, like wise, you will re-evolve or reabsorb the genes etc to recreate forms that were lost during the over mind destruction like scourge, lurkers, defilers, etc. In the protoss it is also safe to assume that you will pickup the sychematics for simlar fogoten units.

Level 9
Exactly my thought. Plus, even before we re-obtain any lost schematics, we'll most likely receive that particular unit. Were all those forgotten units destroyed or something?

Level 5
There is no indication that anything other than Immortals are "newer". In fact, Colossus and Mothership lore specifically states that they are older.

Yes, but according to the lore, Motherships have now rejoined the Protoss because they were told to return, Aiur had fallen. The samething for the Colossi. They were brought back from their storage because Aiur had fallen. Now, why would the Tal'Darim, which state in the "Welcome to the Jungle Mission" that they've been around since before Terrans started space travel, have access to Motherships, which should have all gone to Shakarus, and Colossi, which should have all been sealed away in storage after the Aeon of Strife.

As for what I said about Stalkers and Void Rays, there is no indication that they are "new", but they are Dark Templar units. Why would the Tal'Darim have any associations with Dark Templar, especially win the Riftfield mission where Dark Templar are caged up. Whatever, I'm sure if Blizzard wanted they could easily say two sentences that would be utter bullshit but at the same time justify everything.

Level 9
KhazMorian, TerranDominion, you're both right, but Aiur wasn't as badly devastated as was thought at first. The natural wildlife and the jungles are still there, as were some of the Protoss survivors. Even though these were soon driven out by Ethan Stewart and his Zerg, those were some of the few Zerg who remained behind on Aiur. Plus, Ramsey and Dahl visited Aiur in the books (looking past the fact they were ambushed by zerg)

Plus, if scrapped units from SCI appeared in WoL, who's to say we won't see old units like the Dragoon again, guys?

Level 11
As for there being no need for the Dragon or Reaver, the Tal'Darim shouldn't of had access to either the Immortal, Colossus, Stalker, Void Ray, or Phase Prism. As far as we know, they've been isolated from the rest of the Protoss for a very long time and shouldn't have access to newer Protoss equipment.
How do we know that they have been isolated from the rest of the protoss for a very long time? They stated that they have been around since before Terrans started space travel, but that could be meaning that the protoss have been. For all we know, they could be a splinter group that broke off after the Brood Wars. Unless there is something that explicitly states otherwise, I would guess that is the case.

Furthermore, as for having dark templar technology, I suppose they could have stolen it or something.
As far as I can tell, the scrapped Terran and Zerg units are already in. Just the Protoss ones aren't. Unless I'm mistaken, the units that were taken out for the Zerg were the Lurker, Scourge, and Swarm Guardian. All three units are in the model files. For the Terrans, they were the Vulture, Firebat, Goliath, Science Vessel Wraith, and Starbase. The only one that didn't show up was the Starbase (*tear, happened to be the one I was hoping for the most). Even the Nomad was kept as the Port Junker in Port Zion. But the Protoss only got their Scout back, and lost the Soul Hunter, Reaver, Dragoon, Arbiter, and Corsair.
You forgot the Defiler and the Devourer. Also, Terran is missing a few other scrapped units (the light AA fighter and the Jackal), so don't whine.

On a side note, Protoss is also missing the Shuttle and the Dark Archon (though that could be remade with just a re-skinned archon).

Anyways, it makes sense for Protoss to have the least units. Their expansion pack is last, meaning we might see a few protoss units in the next one and then even more in the last. Furthermore, since Terrans are the focus of this game, its obvious why they get so many units. :\

Level 9
I'm supposing that the Tal'Darim might have Dark Templar tech because their master was Ulrezaj, a Dark Archon composed of no less then seven Dark Templar assassins.

mrzach is correct. Seeing as how the last pack will be the 'Toss campaign, just like with WCIII, I'm sure we'll see a lot of new units, doodads, and other things added with each expansion pack, Zerg & Protoss.

"thou shelt not teleport gas from its source of origin.".

"Thous shelt not make an ultimate death machine to kill all who oppose thou"

Pfft. Just make the Death Star already.

Edit:

KhazMorian, TerranDominion, you're both right, but Aiur wasn't as badly devastated as was thought at first. The natural wildlife and the jungles are still there, as were some of the Protoss survivors. Even though these were soon driven out by Ethan Stewart and his Zerg, those were some of the few Zerg who remained behind on Aiur. Plus, Ramsey and Dahl visited Aiur in the books (looking past the fact they were ambushed by zerg)

Plus, if scrapped units from SCI appeared in WoL, who's to say we won't see old units like the Dragoon again, guys?

Actually it states in Lore that all Dragoons were transformed into Immortals, thus justifying the fact that we will never seem them again.

Level 2
"
Actually it states in Lore that all Dragoons were transformed into Immortals, thus justifying the fact that we will never seem them again.

That's why i added the link to my first post. anyway i think blizzard will make up some story to bring them back

Level 9
Well now, that's fine and dandy, but I'm sure they couldn't get their hands on each and every Dragoon. At least we might see them in the Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.