• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragons of a Lost Star

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Moose23 Presents

Dragons of the Lost Star
Created by Moose

Map Info

This map is a whole cinematic map, a cinematic created from the book series War of Souls Volume II: Dragons of the Lost Star, written by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.

Features

Contains mostly high resolution models and doodads, it is recommended to set your graphic settings to high levels
Triggers are pure GUI, I mean I don't know anything about Jass or vJass so whatever
Beautiful and fitting music
Entertaining story. (Well I'll let you decide that)

About map

Don't be afraid of long dialogs, they only help you understand the story
Sorry for no fancy effects and great battles, only the 2. chapter contains some action, but still this is just the first 3 chapters of the book, mainly containing talking
And sorry again for not having anything fancy, but yeah, this is my first cinematic ever made and I'm quite happy with it. I hope it won't disappoint you either, for a first try:)

Change Log

Uploaded the map.

Credits

Credits are and will be given at the trigger editor in the map, don't hate me if i forgot you simply PM me, or not, since I'm sure I'm going to add everyone

Author's notes

Have fun watching the cinematic!
If you happen to encounter any bug or stuff like that, feel free to tell it here.
Contents

Dragons of a Lost Star (Map)

Reviews
11:28, 5th Aug 2013 Ralle: Too much love from a user eh? - Orcnet

M

11:28, 5th Aug 2013
Ralle: Too much love from a user eh? - Orcnet

Level 28
(102.91 MB, 0 Downloads)

Fuck yeah, I would to see a screenshot first before I download this.

Ralle you gave him huge amount of time just to make a description that you love him more than me? am I not pretty enough? tell me!

He's a moose bro. A MOOSE.

attachment.php

*Stabs myself*

Attachments

• hahaha.jpg
    hahaha.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 277
SeedinAethyr said:
I just played the map. Or rather, watched it. (I haven't finished it.) It's a cinematic...
It has a hell of a lot of models and skins, but the storyline is... eh. I'm not very good at reviewing cinematics, so I'll leave this to other reviewers.

It took me sixteen minutes to download.
Source
Source Post

Level 11
Fvcking big -_-
This will take me 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Years to download
Edit : How many years you wait just to upload this?

What would be even worse is if he had happened to forget something or misspell something in the description. Then you'd have to do it all over again. Well actually it has to be done all over again anyways to add a description haha.

As for me, It took ~4 minutes to download =D

Review coming soon*

Ok, so before you all download this, please bear in mind that this is a cinematic.

-There was a lot of work put into this and there are 3 separate stories within the cinematic.
-It is a quite long cinematic as well. I'd say close to 30 minutes. So keep that in mind.
-There is no voice acting so you will be reading (a lot)
-The Terraining and landscape is simply beautiful. Imports at their finest.

My only problem with this was not knowing what was going on at first; but if I am correct this is the second cinematic, so that's my fault

Last edited:
Level 2
OMG cinematic 102mb that lasts 30 minutes =.= That is huge . and the other guy's review makes this seems nice so my download is 10th .