• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DragonMage

This could be useful as a unit.

Keywords:
mage, dragon, dragon mage, mages, unit
Contents

DragonMage (Model)

Reviews
18:10, 6th Apr 2012 DonDustin: might be useful
Level 9
The Wyrm texture on his shoulder pads doesn't match the bronze dragon texture used on the rest of his armor. Also the Staff is kinda of boring and should be a little more ornate.

The pants texture is also a little plain considering how over the top the rest of his outfit looks.

It's got potental, but it needs a lot of work still. :grin:

This simply doesn't look very good at the moment in many ways. I hope that this will undergo the same elaborate process as your Dragon Warrior model, and eventually become an epic model.

When I look at it in the 3D viewer it looks pretty good, and every individual piece of the model looks decent. The problem is that somehow the overall model seems like pieces glued together.

I also strongly suggest taking a better preview picture, because it seems to look better in the viewer than it does in your preview.

Level 9
It looks better now that you swapped out the Wyrm texture, nice use of the Thrall black armor texture.

It could still use some improving, the staff is still a little 2D and plain, you could perhaps add a team colored glow around the spikes.

Speaking of spikes, perhaps you could add some spikes protruding from the shoulder pads to give him a slightly more badass look.

You might want to add someone to the center of his chest armor, down vertically from his collar, just something to break up the blobby-ness of the armor.

Also you might try making the texture on his mask (which is my favorite part of the model) team colored, it may look good, it may not, but it's always worth a try.

Just spouting off random idea, hope I don't sound overly critical, this model has come a long way since you first uploaded it a few months ago. :thumbs_up:

I'd say this has been gradually improved, it gets a 3/5 from me. I hope to see more improvements, though, so that this can be comparable in quality to your Dragon Warrior.

You should perhaps improve the wrap on the breastplate. Instead of stretching it across the entire breastplate, you could perhaps re-wrap the left and right sides of the breastplate separately. This would have two effects:
1: It would increase the viewed quality of the texture.
2: It would make it look more like a breastplate.

Last edited: