• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragonhawk Lancer

When a Dragonhawk Rider survives a crash with his dying beast, he has no choice but to continue the battle on foot...

Saw a request for the Dragonhawk's Rider (on foot) some time ago and decided to give it a go... Used the Bandit's animation and mixing Dragonhawk+Priest+Spellbreaker parts as base, PLUS rigged the attack animation to jabbing/piercing animation (except the spell animation, which retains the original swing motion PLUS the typical Dragonhawk Rider's magic essence on lance)...

UPDATE (23-09-2013) : Added both Blood Elf and High Elf version into the package.
UPDATE (26-09-2013) : Fixed the background display, adjusted an animation looping, and change the death sound, as moderator suggested.

Keywords:
Blood Elf, High Elf, Dragonhawk, Lancer, Melee, Lance, Infantry, Ground, Rider
Contents

Dragonhawk Lancer (Model)

Dragonhawk Lancer (Model)

Reviews
Misha 25th Sep 2013 Moderator's Review: portrait's background shows while they decay, and perhaps priest's death sound would fit 'em better? Excellent

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
25th Sep 2013
Moderator's Review: portrait's background shows while they decay, and perhaps priest's death sound would fit 'em better?
150504-albums1917-picture70689.jpg
Excellent

Level 60
Finally, someone has done it. An unmounted Dragonhawk Rider. This can open up an interesting techtree.

Here's a techtree idea:

Why not have an unmounted Dragonhawk choose between mounting this unit or the Archer?

DragonHawk.jpg
vs.
142431-albums5911-picture71770.png

Here's the link for the Archer mounting the Dragonhawk.

Anyways, congratulations on the model. I'm sure there are hivers waiting for such model.

Level 1
Knowing now that this is a stabbing unit, can you try to make a fencer unit based off your Lancer, just without the shield, the lance replaced with a rapier, and would look a little more human in design, but this is just a suggestion since there is no unit or model that I can find that is predominantly using the stabbing animation as the basic attack.

Level 4
errhh...when I downloaded and tested it there is only one file for the BE version....where is the HE version? Or did I miss something?

Level 3
Doesn't work for me. Model doesn't show up. Not in WE nor in game. Tried to import it in different ways. Any suggestions?

Edit: Problem was with my World Editor. Didn't think so first, because models I imported earlier still got displayed correctly. Reinstalled Warcraft and now it works. Sorry for the post and nice job on that awesome model :)

Last edited: