• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Draenei Different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
The idea of them having a space ship mutated them into WoW Draenei.

may blizzard have mercy on our souls

lol no, you have it opposite.

the ones that went on the spaceship are the original, the ones in wc3 (they also have them in WoW) are called the broken (mediumly corrupted) and the lost ones (unsaveable)

during the war against the orcs, the demons they had became to corrupt the draenei for every one they fought with fel magic, and resulted in these.

Level 19
lol no, you have it opposite.

the ones that went on the spaceship are the original, the ones in wc3 (they also have them in WoW) are called the broken (mediumly corrupted) and the lost ones (unsaveable)

during the war against the orcs, the demons they had became to corrupt the draenei for every one they fought with fel magic, and resulted in these.

It was sarcasm. :slp:

Level 49
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070516154814/wowwiki/images/f/f1/Akama-uncorrupted.jpg

That's the so-called uncorrupted Akama. With what I get from WoW, the ones in WC3 are Lost Ones, they also happen to use a WoW rip model(just as the chicken and raccoon as well as most loading screens\campaign screens). The ones you play in WoW are said to be devotees of the Light, that came from Exodar, a planet from which both the 'uncorrupted' Draenei and the Eredar Warlocks, another subrace of Draenei - corrupted by fel(demonic) energies, come from. There are also the Broken, who are 'mildly corrupted', and worship the elements - just like orc shamans do. Some Lost Ones and Broken are hostile, some still have retained enough mind to understand that they can't go against the whole Draenei race, plus the Horde and Alliance who 'recently' arrived in Outland. In addition to that, most Broken realize they need the Draenei's help to survive - it's just a matter of whether the 'pure', 'perfect', 'uncorrupted' Draenei agree to help the Broken 'mutations'. Also, you could read Unbroken - a WoW-based novel about the Draenei and how they 'mutated'.

Level 25
:O

I thought the Draenei was a "subrace" of the Eredar.
WoWWiki said:
About 21,000 years ago, Sargeras, the Destroyer of Worlds, approached the eredar race, telling them that he was impressed by their work. He offered the three leaders of the eredar — Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, and Velen — untold power in exchange for their loyalty. Soon after, Velen then had a vision dictating the creation of the Burning Legion and its aftermath. He warned Kil'jaeden and Archimonde about this but they did not heed his warning. Instead, hungry for the power they could gain, they accepted Sargeras' offer. Many willing eredar were transformed, but a faction of uncorrupted Eredar led by Velen fled their homeworld of Argus, calling themselves the "draenei" ("the Exiled Ones")."

Level 18
Debode, what you said is not entirely correct. The original race that dwelled on the world of Argus was simply called Eredar. After Sargeras' coming the ones that fled with Velen called themselves Draenei ("exiles", I think everyone knows that now), and Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden's followers just continued to call themselves Eredar (though the Draenei named them Man'ari - "corrupted").

So... it cannot be said that demonic Eredar are a subrace of the Draenei. They're just two opposing factions.

Though, from the image below, it can be speculated that the original Eredar who became the Draenei were altered somewhat by the light of the Naaru. "Rise of the Horde", however, describes them on Argus the way we see them in WoW.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061101060729/wowwiki/images/c/c9/Draenai.jpg

Level 21
Okey :)
I really hate WoW for some stuff though... Why did they have Illidan killed (again?)?
Off-topic:
What happens to Illidan after Arthas slices his gut open?

Because he didn't really do what they wanted. They thought he was savior and it turned out he just wanted power. He was just replacement for Pit Lord in their eyes.

And Illidan was rescued by his followers and brought back to Outland where he was healed.

But on main topic. It is probably all recon mistake. Like How in Warcraft 1 Draenei are dead and unnamed, then in Warcraft 2 named but still dead, in Warcraft 3 mutated (never actually said) and alive and finally in WoW got space magical ship and came to Azeroth.

What I would like to know is why did Dreanor got name by aliens and not the natives?

Level 23
Didn't Metzen himself admit that the new Draenei were a complete train-wreck of lore-writing?

Something about the Eredar originally led Sargeras astray instead of the other way around, so they were pure evil all along. Then they needed the Protoss in WoW and shit got real mixed up, and now they're sort of half-assedly trying to patch things together.

Level 18
Well, stories put together in a crappy way are Blizzard's trademark, aren't they. Remember how they created Ahn'Quiraj and then explained the popped-out-of-nothing evil insectoid Zerg Quiraji as minions of the Overmind Old God C'thun.

Really, when I first heard about the Draenei as a playable race, I was like "W00T?! Those ugly hunchbacks that talk like they're gonna die of old age before my eyes their teeth are gonna fall". Then I saw something like blue Eredar with purple hammer and said "Okay, is this Archimonde gone gay or what?"

Status
Not open for further replies.