• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doubts about World Edit and Warcraft 3 in general

Doubts of Warcraft 3 in general

• Hive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World Edit

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
As the title says I have several questions about World Edit and Warcraft 3 that I hope you can clarify.
First: How to start the editor with grids when loading a custom map?

Second: How to restore the default terrain of a map whose terrain is already retouched? since it is very tedious to do it manually.

Third: How to restore the default language of the object editor when switching to English or the programming language? that is, return to the original language of your version of Warcraft, in my case to Spanish. Since to return to the Spanish language, I had to reinstall the game.

Fourth: How to limit the summoning of a personalized Hero in a tavern to one? since no matter how much you specify in the game constants and detonators. The Hero created by me continues to load a total of 3 times inside the tavern.

And last: How to get all the maps downloaded or created by me to be shown in their respective folders within Warcraft?

Greetings and please take good care of the coronavirus to prevent its spread and defeat it.

Level 9
First: Press C to change the grid display in Editor
Second:
Option 1: In the tool palette to the right, where units etc. are displayed, choose the 'doodads' category, then press Ctrl+A to select all doodads on the map, then press Delete to delete them all. After that go to the 'terrain' category and use big brushes.
Option 2:
  • Create an empty map and save it (this the the empty map terrain you want).
  • Then get WE Unlimited (I attached it to this post). In the 'WE Unlimited' folder, open 'WEU Enhancer'.
  • In the window that comes up, select 'Edit Map'. In the bigger window that then comes up, click 'search' and select your new simple terrain map.
  • Then select the 'import/export' tab.
  • Here, you can export the terrain data where it says 'Terrain Layer'.
  • Save it somewhere.
  • Then, for safety reasons, copy your primary map.
  • In the WE Unlimited window, go back to the 'Main Settings' tab, and press 'Search' again, this time to open (the safety copy of) your primary map.
  • After that, go to the 'Import/Export' tab and click 'Import' next to 'Terrain Layer' to import the terrain you previously saved.
Third: No idea.
Fourth: In the Object Editor, where you made your new hero, select your hero, then find the value 'stock maximum' and set it from 3 to 1. There is 3 'stock' values. I think, it's the last values in the entire list, right at the bottom. You can also compare these values between some standard tavern heroes (like Pandaren Brewmaster) and some faction heroes (like Bloodmage) to see what caused your problem.
Last: Maybe the path/name of your maps is too long, this can cause them to not be shown. Their name should also start with normal characters, I think, so avoid brackets.

Hope I could help a bit ツ

Attachments

• WE Unlimited_2.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 44
Level 2
[QUOTE = "Drogenhoernchen, publicación: 3419133, miembro: 217402"] Primero: presione C para cambiar la visualización de la cuadrícula en el Editor
Segundo:
Opción 1: en la paleta de herramientas a la derecha, donde se muestran las unidades, etc., elija la categoría 'doodads', luego presione Ctrl + A para seleccionar todas las doodads en el mapa, luego presione Eliminar para eliminarlas todas. Después de eso, vaya a la categoría 'terreno' y use pinceles grandes.
Opcion 2:
  • Cree un mapa vacío y guárdelo (este es el terreno del mapa vacío que desea).
  • Luego obtenga WE Unlimited (lo adjunté a esta publicación). En la carpeta 'WE Unlimited', abra 'WEU Enhancer'.
  • En la ventana que aparece, selecciona 'Editar mapa'. En la ventana más grande que aparece, haz clic en 'buscar' y selecciona tu nuevo mapa de terreno simple.
  • Luego seleccione la pestaña 'importar / exportar'.
  • Aquí, puede exportar los datos del terreno donde dice 'Terrain Layer'.
  • Guárdalo en alguna parte.
  • Luego, por razones de seguridad, copie su mapa principal.
  • En la ventana WE Unlimited, regrese a la pestaña 'Configuración principal' y presione 'Buscar' nuevamente, esta vez para abrir (la copia de seguridad de) su mapa principal.
  • Después de eso, vaya a la pestaña 'Importar / Exportar' y haga clic en 'Importar' junto a 'Capa de terreno' para importar el terreno que guardó anteriormente.
Tercero: ni idea.
Cuarto: en el Editor de objetos, donde creó su nuevo héroe, seleccione su héroe, luego encuentre el valor 'stock máximo' y configúrelo de 3 a 1. Hay 3 valores 'stock'. Creo que son los últimos valores de toda la lista, justo en la parte inferior. También puedes comparar estos valores entre algunos héroes de taberna estándar (como Pandaren Brewmaster) y algunos héroes de facción (como Bloodmage) para ver qué causó tu problema.
Último: tal vez la ruta / nombre de sus mapas es demasiado larga, esto puede hacer que no se muestren. Su nombre también debería comenzar con caracteres normales, creo, así que evite los corchetes.

Espero poder ayudar un poco ツ [/ QUOTE]

Gracias Drogenhoernchen por responder y por el archivo Zip de WEUnlimited probaré sus consejos para ver qué sucede. Saludos.

Status
Not open for further replies.