• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[DOTA] Luna Moon Rider - Moon Glaive (Ability) Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
If im right you want to make the attack bounce? Well... The only way to do that is with the night elf huntress upgrade which increases the number of targets, Maybe you could make it do the upgrade when you learn tha ability and make the ability a passive? altho i think you need to make the attack bounce atleast once without upgrade to make the upgrade work, Not sure. The only way to actually reduce the damage done by each bounce is by fully triggering the ability as there is no spell/passive that can do that as far as i know.

I did it a long long time ago...

First, make sure the unit has the attack type of missile bounce,
next give it the ability Moon glaives,
then make an upgrade based on the moon glaive upgrade (I think that was it, its effect is to increase target amount)
then everytime the hero learns the moon glaive, increase the level of the upgrade...

and the damage reduction is done via OE too, I think the moon glaive ability has that line else, its the damage reduction part on the hero data...

that is the rough outline of how to do it, I forgot the actual step-by-step process as it was I think 3 years ago...

Level 14
I tested to change the Hero's attack type to the same as nightelf huntress and it maked the Hero's attack to bounce but when you get an orb-effect with that Hero, the attacks will not appear at all.. I'm sure in they did the spell in DOTA to some hidden, autocast chain lightning but with the damage of the hero's attack damage because it says it's not stackable with items with the "passive chain lightning-spell" in DOTA but orb-effects still stacks..

Level 5
Yeah... Fully triggered ability based on hero damage...

summit like

trigger1:

unit is attacked
attacking unit has moonglaive
create one unit of dummy unit
Set RandomUnit1 = Random unit within 500yrds of attacked unit
make last created unit cast <dummystormbolt(setstun to 0.01 missile to hero missile, damage to 0) Randomunit1
make casting unit deal damage equal to hero dmg to randomunit1

trigger2
Unit casts a spell
target of ability is randomunit1
ability is dummystormbolt
set randomunit2 = random unit withing 500yrds of randomunit1
make last created unit cast <dummystormbolt(setstun to 0.01 missile to hero missile, damage to 0) Randomunit2
make casting unit deal damage equal to hero dmg to randomunit2

Repeat the trigger as many times yu want it to bounce i guess

i aint sure what these triggers are all called ingame but i know something like that is possible to make

Not sure how you make this ability a levelable ability tho but shouldnt be that hard

Level 14
Yeah... Fully triggered ability based on hero damage...

summit like

trigger1:

unit is attacked
attacking unit has moonglaive
Set RandomUnit1 = Random unit within 500yrds of attacked unit
make last created unit cast <dummystormbolt(setstun to 0.01 missile to hero missile, damage to 0) Randomunit1
make casting unit deal damage equal to hero dmg to randomunit1

trigger2
Unit casts a spell
target of ability is randomunit1
ability is dummystormbolt
set randomunit2 = random unit withing 500yrds of randomunit1
make last created unit cast <dummystormbolt(setstun to 0.01 missile to hero missile, damage to 0) Randomunit2
make casting unit deal damage equal to hero dmg to randomunit2

Repeat the trigger as many times yu want it to bounce i guess

i aint sure what these triggers are all called ingame but i know something like that is possible to make

Not sure how you make this ability a levelable ability tho but shouldnt be that hard
No this would not work with orb-effects and the 0.01 stun will interrupt spellcastings on enemy units and I don't want it like that and what about the damage reduction per bounce?

Level 14
In DotA 1, luna's bounce only stack with quite a few orb effects because it is an orb effect itself... there is a heirarchy of orb effects you know, like how skadi + mjolnir stacks up when they are both orb effects...

seriously, that skill + upgrade method is the easiest way to get it done...
Hmm I can see poison attack does not stack with "Moon Glaive" in DOTA but Lifesteal does but it just steals life from the last one hit by the glaive. Even if the poison attack does not stack with it, the "Moon Glaive" ability still works as it should but it does not add any poison effects.. How can lifesteal stack with it but not poison attack? :-/

Level 14
Lifesteal might be triggered making it not an orb effect.
In DOTA it says it's an orb-effect. I've tested it out more now and lifesteal works with the bounce attack but steals only life from the last hitted. Items like "Orb of Frost/Fire/Slow/Venom" still makes the attack not appear at all but if I add passive ability like "Poison Sting or Frost Attack" to the Hero, the attack will appear with the frost or poison missile but does not slow or poison the targets, just changes the attack missile.. Why does it work if the Hero has the Orb-effects as passive ability but not if it has the Items like "Orb of Frost/Fire/Slow/Venom"??

Level 14
Because orb effects with other orb effects either don't work or act weird... as they are not supposed to be stacked...
Oh ok.. Lifesteal seems to be the only orb-effect that works with "Moon Glaive" but that's good because i almost only use lifesteal as orb-effects on my items in my map.. If u still know how to make this ability work like it does in DOTA, could u please help me get it working on my map?

Level 14
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit learns a skill
  • Conditions
    • Learned something something equals Moon Glaive
  • Actions
    • Set research level of MOONGLAIVE to (level of moon glaive for Triggering unit)
that's not exact, but I guess you get the idea...
Ehm ok but what about when the Hero haven't choosed the "Moon Glaive" ability? It will still get their missile bounced because it's settings in the attacks is set to missile(bounce). I also want it to change attack missile to the "Moon Glaive-missile" when the first level of the ability is learned.

Level 14
It's on the unit's attack properties, damage reduction per target... I believe... I'm not with my WE right now...
Please try to find it out. I've tried but I can't see how to do it and I want it to be 30% damage reduction per bounce like in DOTA. I could send the map also if u want and maybe you could fix the learning and upgrade triggers and missile change?..

Level 14
I Hope you read the text below my username... and DotA has it at 35%... or at least I'm sure it is until 6.74c...
Well in the newest DOTA version it is 30%.. I've checked the AOE Damage of the nightelf huntress in World Editor and they have it set to 400 in "Area of Effect (Full Damage)" and set to 0 in both Area of Effect (Small Damage and Medium Damage). Does it mean each bounce causes 40% less damage and should I just change it to 300 to get it to 30%? Pls help..

Level 6
i am looking for this as well, how do i set percentage reduction of bounces

EDIT: nvm i saw it. Damage Loss Factor

whats the difference if i set it to 0.00 or 1.00 my bounce is still doing damage but i dont notice the difference between the two.

EDIT2: also, can you tell me the behavior if i leave the "Area of Effect Targets" blank?

Status
Not open for further replies.