• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dota Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
everyone has their opinions on stuff so i say if you dislike it, keep that to yourself

as for me, only played it a couple of times and it was okay. Not sure how a campaign would work out of it but id try it to see what it's like

Level 8
Dota = Fail

Reasons its fail.

1. Has created a league of "1337 Elite" players who believe there good, and take the game way to seriously.

2. Its destroyed the real gameplay of any AoS. Well, not that any AoS is like the Original Aeon of Strife for Starcraft.

3. Theres nothing so special about it, So what it plays well, Players you play it day in and Day out, Need to get a Life. Theres much better AoS's out there that need to be played, but get no attention because "Dota" is apparently the best thing out there for Wc3.

Anyways,
To be on Subject, It would be hard to create a story behind Dota, but it is possible,
Tho, if the Original creator found out, he would most likely have you halt your campaign and not support it period.

You should try something easier.
-Calvin

Level 8
Any Game, is more fun played privately with friends Hands down,
Anyways, None of you can really make a good argument on Dota being "Good".
No one has played Aeon of Strife. I Think it should be remade for Warcraft 3, that would be cool.
Also, B.net would not be empty, theres tons of games being hosted, but most of them don't make it too the Pick game screen. Because theres simply too much Dota.

As a Tip that it says in World of Warcraft on a Loading Screen with a minor tweak.

"Take everything in Moderation, Even DotA"
Every player should be told that, than maybe we would have less Elitest bastards.

Side Note [I don't play WoW too often, so I don't pay for it, Private Server, *Cough*]

Back on Topic,
Anyways, If you want to make a Campaign, Go with Zeuz, I've read it the first time [and only] time I played, it was very interesting.

Good Luck,
-Calvin

Level 7
I like the idea, making a campaign for a unit from a good game. I don't like DotA because of the players but it's an otherwise great game, I think I would play a campaign about Zeus if it were halfway decent.

Level 4
I like the idea, making a campaign for a unit from a good game. I don't like DotA because of the players but it's an otherwise great game, I think I would play a campaign about Zeus if it were halfway decent.

You cant simply say what kind of players play dota. There is so many different types of players. So thats not reason to not like DotA.

Level 7
You cant simply say what kind of players play dota. There is so many different types of players. So thats not reason to not like DotA.

Like someone above said it's not DotA discussion here, he's just talking about a campaign.

As for the above poster, I believe the thread creator means a campaign about just one of the DotA heroes, since yeah, there are tons of them.

Although it would be cool if he made a collection of campaigns for the characters in DotA with the best stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.