• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DOTA Butcher Hook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi !

I tried to do DOTA's Butcher Hook - here's description of spell:
Launches a bloody hook at a unit or location. The hook will snag the first target it encounters, dealing damage then dragging the victim back to the Butcher.

Mana Cost : 110/120/130/140
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11
Casting Range: 550/700/850/1000
AoE: 100
Duration: N/A
Allowed Targets: Allied Units, Enemy Units
Effects: Deals 90 damage and drags enemy to Caster (Butcher) If hook snag an allied unit it will be just draged to Butcher dealing no damage

I have created hook in my own map but there was 2 bugs that I didn't know how to fix
1. When hook snag at allied unit it draged to butcher but dealt damage too
(Want to deal no damage if snag at allied unit)
2. When Butcher stood at higher position (higher than enemy) the target was just draged to cliff's band.
(Want to drag to butcher even a caster is in higher position that opponent)

If u could do that in test map I would be grateful

Level 30
You can easily fix those two bugs. The first one, dealing damage to allies, you should just add the If then else condition, meaning that:
If picked unit (Or variabled one) is enemy,
Then deal damage.
However, if it's an ally,
Just leave the trigger field empty, as if you tried to fill it with the ,,Do Nothing" action.

The second one is easy, You should just turn the Collision of that dragged unit Off while it is dragged, to allow it to move through trees and impassable terrain. When the unit reaches it's target, make it's collision on, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.