• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dota 2 Outworld Devourer's Essence Aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello I should like to ask and if possible get help on recreating OD's Essence Aura on my map.

I have found results on the gist of it, the when cast spells imbue a chance to set the mana of the triggering unit to X% part, but now I have a new problem which is to trigger this aura when a unit is using an autocast ability.

So whenever a unit is using Frost Arrow by means of autocast, so without actually clicking the ability and clicking an enemy, but the unit is standing next to an enemy and begins to use this ability by default. And whenever this unit uses mana to use this ability I want this unit to have a chance to restore % of his/her missing mana.

Would this be possible on a Warcraft 3 map at all?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Level 9
You mean when a unit autoattacks with an autocast Frost Arrows?

Does the trigger not work if you use these:
  • Events
    • A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Arrow
If so:
I'm not really well-versed in order strings (which could be a simpler solution, methinks), so I would use a damage detection system and check if the hit target has the frost arrow debuff, then restore % of missing mana to the source.

Level 12
Does the trigger not work if you use these:
  • Events
    • A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Arrow
This would run only if you left-click the ability in the command card and target with the mouse.
If will not fire on auto-attacks with the auto-cast on.

DDS is the right way to go. There are many topics on this around, and also some tutorials. Feel free to look around.

-Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.