• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Detecting Autocast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I've seen triggered autocast spells done before, but experience has shown me that conventional "Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability" events don't seem to work with autocast abilities when they are cast automatically by the system. Is there a way to work around this? Preferably in GUI but if it requires JASS I will accept it anyway.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The event does work for autocast like Slow and parasite.

However for arrows it does not. For arrows you get when it is turned on and off via orders and checking the mana. Then you run an attack detection script to get when the arrow hits and then you do your spell. One of the most complex things to do efficiently.

Level 10
The event does work for autocast like Slow and parasite.

However for arrows it does not.

Ah, this appears to be the case.

For arrows you get when it is turned on and off via orders and checking the mana. Then you run an attack detection script to get when the arrow hits and then you do your spell. One of the most complex things to do efficiently.

:bored: Oh well, thank you.

And thanks to everyone else for the quick response. :cool:

Level 19
In Dota they use ways like
Any Unit Takes Damage system

When Unit Takes Damage
If it has Dark Arrow buff
Remove the Dark Arrow buff
Do things

Status
Not open for further replies.