• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Doodads get placed with 269° Angle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Place them then bulk select all instances and manually set rotation to 270. This is World Edit messing with you as 269 is the straightest you can make it without losing the ability to rotate.

You can also copy an already straight instance (270 facing) and paste that using standard commands. This can be useful if you find you need 1-2 more instances of a doodad/destructible yet do not want the hassle.

Level 23
Place them then bulk select all instances and manually set rotation to 270. This is World Edit messing with you as 269 is the straightest you can make it without losing the ability to rotate.

You can also copy an already straight instance (270 facing) and paste that using standard commands. This can be useful if you find you need 1-2 more instances of a doodad/destructible yet do not want the hassle.

Yea I'm using these workarounds atm, was just wondering if there is a "proper" solution

Direction angles in WC3 is the most weird thing you could imagine.
Even a perfectly rectangular model will not be alligned properly with a 90, 180, 270 or 0 degree angle. I always need to manually rotate them a tiny bit more to make them match.

That is a problem with the model itself being angled in an odd way. It doesn't mean that there's something wrong with WC3's angles.

That is a problem with the model itself being angled in an odd way. It doesn't mean that there's something wrong with WC3's angles.
I checked the coordinates of the points of the model. All of them are perfectly alligned (0, 200 - 200, 200 - 200, 0 - 0, 0) and it doesn't match the coordinate grid of WC3 with a 90 degrees angle.

I checked the coordinates of the points of the model. All of them are perfectly alligned (0, 200 - 200, 200 - 200, 0 - 0, 0) and it doesn't match the coordinate grid of WC3 with a 90 degrees angle.
Why is that model not centered in the origin?
Anyway, here's an example of a perfectly rectangular model aligning perfectly with angle 90.00:

There's nothing wrong with warcraft III angles or coordinate grids.

Status
Not open for further replies.