• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Doodad Data Missing Or Invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Guys, I really need your help. Something happened to our pc, so it needed to be reformatted. My map got deleted but I was able to bring it back.

The problem is, I can't open it. It keeps saying "Doodad data missing or invalid".

Please tell me I can do something about it, like something with the MPQ.

I'm okay with recreating the doodads just as long as I can keep my map.

Level 16
Reinstalling Warcraft is also a viable choice.

edit

Oh sorry. I misunderstood. Probably an error happened during the recovery process and the doodad file was corrupted. Not my area of expertise so sorry I can't help.

Last edited:
Level 8
I don't know, how will I know? The doodads are probably corrupted, that's for sure. While my map was opening, as it reached the loading of doodads, it aborts.

What does "retrieving it back from a reformatted pc" have to do with this? Is something missing or did something just got corrupted.

Level 8
Wait, we're talking about the ones on the mpq editor, right? How do I open them anyway? With notepad?

With the mp3, almost half of them doesn't work and the ones that work and the ones that doesn't are kinda random.

Ugh, T_T

UGHH

The SHD, WPM, W3U, WTS, J, and WTG files are corrupted. I guess I'm doomed.

If only there's a way to open the triggers and object data. I guess I can find my way through that.

Level 26
For me, only
w3e (terrain)
w3i (general map options, player settings etc)
w3h (buffs)
w3q (upgrades)
w3s (sound editor)
imp (import paths)
war3mapMisc.txt (gameplay constants)
war3mapSkin.txt (interface changes)
war3mapExtra.txt ("changes of the last tab in the map properties screen, where external data sources and custom skys are referenced")

are available besides imported files.

So triggers are completely absent, from objects only buffs and upgrades.

Level 8
This is making me cry, some files are not available and some are available.

When opening to editor, it now says main map file could not be opened. Ugh, the only back up I have is back on Feb, I had one back on Apr but I overwrote it with this map.

Level 26
First thing is to use JNGP instead of normal editor, since it creates backups of the last saved maps. Second, do not just depend on a single file, set up an archive as the editor could crash during save, you implemented some false data or whatever could corrupt it. Third do not depend on your operation system/a single storage medium alone either. Regularly do uploads or externalize it.

Level 8
Is it possible to retrieve the uncorrupted files in there?

How do I get JNGP, can I open my map that I made from a normal editor with JNGP.

Thank you for the suggestion, I thought I got all the backups good by making 6 backups and one online. Now all 6 of them are gone and the one online is from 3 months ago. When I think of all I did for the map for the past 3 months, it's making my head bleed.

Btw, what is the "I forgot the word" for trigger and object data". Object data are .w3o right?

Level 26
We can cast them into another map yes if you extract them but question is how it is compatible. If the things they reference are actually available in the new location so the editor does not see inconsistencies/cuts it off again. Anyway, do you really need anything from the files listed besides terrain maybe?

The JNGP has a bit outdated trigger data so it might not recognize hashtables/String Hash/Get Handle Id function in GUI. moyackx is currently working on a new version http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/warcraft-editing-tools-277/jass-newgen-pack-2-0-alpha-recruiting-testing-233145/.

Level 8
I've extracted my trigger and object data b4, maybe I can retrieve. I'm using iCare data recovery, but I have a feeling I'll have a hard time finding them or maybe they have been overwritten.
Thanks a lot anyway.

I'm not planning to use jngp now that you've said that. I guess I'll just keep on uploading it to be sure.

I really need some of the files in there, even the terrain.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A lot of files are corrupt/missing.

I have extracted what I can from the archive, sadly most are art resources. Files with noticeable extraction errors were deleted, files that were missing from the hashtable are not included, files that may have had decompression errors but were not totally illogical are included (so they may be broken).

Attachments

• Grand Chase Dungeon Arena testing 4.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I can confirm that the archive was damaged in 3-4 places, destroying all files contained in the address range. Unfortunately for you this included most of the map data files. The other breaks were a couple of imports which could easily be replaced.

Is there any other version of your map? Even if "protected", it could be possible to restore some of the files that are damaged in this version. If you publicly hosted it at any stage then Map Gnome bots may have grabbed a copy. If you privately tested it with a friend, see if you can get a copy off him.

Level 8
Well, fortunately there were 2 backup files that were saved. One was back on April. Unfortunately, I accidentally overwrote it with the corrupted one, cause I haven't open that map yet, I didn't know it was corrupted until then. The other one was back on Feb which is the one I uploaded here.

I'll still finish though, It was already 95% completed. It's now 80% completed, but I'll still be able to finish it. I was hoping to finish it this month but I still got time.

But I just want to know, what are the file extensions for the trigger and object data?

Status
Not open for further replies.