• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Don't understand this one (unit movement trigger)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Unit - Create 2 Bandit for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 012 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Move To (Center of Region 013 <gen>)

Wait 10.00 seconds

Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

The above are actions that are placed just below actions that run perfectly. The 2 bandits do appear, but for some reason they will not move to Region 013 no matter what I do. Any ideas why? I don't get it.

Level 23
Last created unit group is tricksy. You should crete them separately (since its only 2 units, otherwise use a loop)
  • Unit - Create 1 Bandit for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 012 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of Region 013 <gen>)
  • Unit - Create 1 Bandit for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 012 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of Region 013 <gen>)
That should work...

Level 2
Yes I agree Eccho, that should work. But when I tried it, it doesn't. I can't help but think there's a conflict there somewhere. But because it would take up a lot of space to post all of my triggers here, can anyone suggest any conflicts that might cause it not to work?

Level 23
Well do they move at all, or do they move and then go back?

I have some suggestions.
>Try changing the player to Player 1 or something. Neutral Hostile are often also tricky in that way that they are not always controllable in the way you want. I mean they are creeps, supposingly to only respond on attacks.
>If this not works, still try Player 1 after the creation of each unit use:
  • AI - Ignore (Last created unit)'s guard position
>If this wont work either, maybe your region is blocked somehow... It must be in playable map arena, and well like I said, not blocked

If it's not working I dont possibly understand what it could be.

Level 2
Ok, I tried putting a simple...

Unit - Create 1 Bandit for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Region 012 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of Region 013 <gen>)

The newly created bandit seems to run toward region 013, however he makes it half way, turns around and runs back. If I create the Bandit for player 1, he does run all the way to Region 013. Also, I found if I create the bandits as neutral hostile and change their ownership to player 1 retaining their color, nothing will happen. It would not work in my map to have a colored bandit running into battle. Originally I tried to order the bandit to attack the hero, but that didn't work either.

Level 21
Neutral Hostile are like that, they do it for a very weird reason, you know, if you attack a gnoll in a melee map he will follow you for a certain time and then turn around and run back? Well you could override that with AI - Ignore Guard position or simply change the owner of the bandits to a real player (like blue or red or whatnot).

Level 2
Unfortunately the AI bit didn't work... but thank you to the both of you for your help, I ended up just changing it to a brown colored player, being as their bandits it looks alright. I'm guessing when they designed the creep's AI they didn't polish it up like they did for the player AI, since they're only meant to be creeps.

A good lesson to anyone who reads this, if your thinking of doing a lot of triggers with creeps, make sure you give them to a player first lol. You'll save yourself a headache.

Level 2
What I'm working on is a campaign not a map for online multiplayer, I would consider upgrading your computer if you can't run a campaign smoothly. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.