• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does the World Editor for Warcraft III look like the one in Starcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, i'm learning the Warcraft III world editor, and i was thinking, if the Starcraft world editor, and the Warcraft editor look alike? I mean, is it basicly the same, with triggers, doodads, shortcuts, and so on?

Level 11
Aw man, Starcraft editor....

If memory serves right, the Warcraft 3 editor's unit data will have like, 10x the number of fields. There's significantly less limits on it too. Triggers are similar yet with a ton more options. Like an SFX option so you don't have to go around killing Archons for explosions...

They're similar in design; Warcraft 3 editor is just much more powerful.

Level 4
Aw man, Starcraft editor....

If memory serves right, the Warcraft 3 editor's unit data will have like, 10x the number of fields. There's significantly less limits on it too. Triggers are similar yet with a ton more options. Like an SFX option so you don't have to go around killing Archons for explosions...

They're similar in design; Warcraft 3 editor is just much more powerful.
I thought the SC2 Editor was the one with advanced trigger options and a lot more to them than the WC3 Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.