• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dobrp Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Uhm ... Why do you need it? I mean, Draike, TheBlackMage, etc, didn't say you could edit it ... did they? Or just trying to learn trigger OR trying to change the terrain?
But, my interests are kindof the same ... except not DoBRP. HRP is a lot more advanced, you know.

Level 8
Hm ... I don't believe that "remaking" an RP map would bring you anywhere. Why can't people be happy with what they have? Also, once you're done with it, I'd like to thoroughly test it. I don't trust some maps, and PRP - the new, revamped one was, according to a friend, who tests thoroughly as hell, not very good.

Level 13
Well, we are adding new things like inventory systems, real mode (where you can die if you are in a cold place without wearing thick clothes.) and such... We are making new units and we arent taking from old ones. The maker also fixed doodads and sfx which may cause the game server to "split". He remade them. Hes also making features such as 'fs (face spawner) that work better. Instead of constantly saying 'fs, you may just type 'face 180. Also, the map terrain that is being made from a "pro terrainer" is bigger then the other rp maps and it will have variety. As I said, pm me for full details to terrain.. the maker may even want someone to help with unit making!

Yum

Yum

Level 3
The only people who probably bothered to download the unprotected DoBRP are people who probably no longer have it. I think the only significance of releasing the unprotected version was to make it available to IamtheWalrus. TBM's pRP seems to have cleaned up a lot of the crap Draike left behind in DoBRP, but the terrain is still a piece of crap.

I'm considering working on a new RP map but my intentions are more focused on SC2. If I do decide to work on something it will likely be more flavorful and less of the usual context for RP maps. I tried talking to Diagas about this once but he 's become somewhat delusional.

This is DarkElune by the way, I worked on DoBRP when it was nearing its demise. (no pun intended) Sorry I couldn't help you, I deleted my DoBRP files a long time ago. I have an unprotected version of pRP but that is not available for public use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.