• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

attachments, art, abitlties, weapons, (only as art)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey. Any of you who might have played one of these 3 games might understand what i want, heros and empires, dobrp, or war of the jewels. In war of the jewels some units, have weapons which are held by other units attached to them. Also in heros and empires (old one) when u got a specific type of training (lets say axe) your hero will be holding hellscream's axe. and finaly dobrp, when u give certain items to units they will hold them, like the sword from angel on the "revive" abiltiy from paladin. but thats all advanced stuff, id like to know, how i can attach a bloodlust art (the red cloud) over a treants head, without it bieng an aiblity, i want that, because im making them small and calling them angry roses, since their green and no red they wont look even close to a rose so help me out please. :D

Level 6
Ok
first let me say that this question has already been posted a few times in the past so using the search should have brought some usefullresults.
I have not checked but i can remember at least 7 posts...

Next there are 3 ways to attach an effect to a unit.

1. ability
You could create an ability without any effect at all, best without even an icon, e.g. modify the "sphere" ability. (it's under human - units - sphere)
Simply change the "target" and the "target attachment points" to the ones you like

2. effect
You ma also create an Effect that has the properties you like it to have and modify an ability so it has this effect but no icon or effect on it's own.

3. Item
The last way to add an effect to an unit is to give it an item that has an ability that has the effect.

i myself am using the 1st way for it is easy and does not need much to do.

For the proper attachment-points use the search. i do not now them all but the one you are looking for should be "overhead" (or is it "over-head"? dunno)

Status
Not open for further replies.