• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do you like waffles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I like waffles and imma eat ya!

Have some waffles
waffles.jpg

Level 22
Yes, I like waffles, but only good waffles, not those obese ones with syrup all over which they serve in the US.

For breakfast I eat bread with <something for which there is no word in English> on it.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Yes, I like waffles, but only good waffles, not those obese ones with syrup all over which they serve in the US.

For breakfast I eat bread with <something for which there is no word in English> on it.

What, haven't you heard of the word 'chocolate'?

I like waffles, for dessert. With brunost or just butter on.

For breakfast, I eat bread with cheese, and meat, and salad, and tomatoes and.. well, cheese anyway.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Google would lead me to believe "Order" is the translation.

That would also be correct, but that's not the appropriate word for the context. He's talking about food typically put on top of a slice of bread. Which is also called "pålegg" .. confusing, I know.

Level 5
Does it have to be as big as a pancake and baked to be a 'waffle'? Looks like some have never eaten those:
manner.jpg

The only type I like is, incl those coated with some chocolate.

Waffles comes in all sizes, but usually they're a same size as a typical pancake. The things in your picture is not a waffle. It's a Wafer cookie :3

But, the question is... do you like pancakes?

Sure I do. Don't we all? :D

Gaufre_liege.jpg

I've never tried these before, but I've heard that waffles from Belgium are some of the best! I WANT SOME NOW! :O

Level 22
Waffles comes in all sizes, but usually they're a same size as a typical pancake. The things in your picture is not a waffle. It's a Wafer cookie :3

Okay... you are expert on waffles it seems. But we still call those 'waffles' cause we don't have the pancake type.

I've eated those big pancake ones too, drowning in jam, they are also good. We had to bake them ourselves on special plates for baking waffles.

Level 5
Okay... you are expert on waffles it seems. But we still call those 'waffles' cause we don't have the pancake type.

I've eated those big pancake ones too, drowning in jam, they are also good. We had to bake them ourselves on special plates for baking waffles.

Well how am I suppose to know what they're called in your area? :p But yeah, waffles are yummy.

Level 5
A waffle is a batter- or dough-based cake cooked in a waffle iron patterned to give a distinctive and characteristic shape. There are many variations based on the type and shape of the iron and the recipe used.

Waffles are eaten throughout the world, particularly in Belgium and the United States. Common toppings are strawberries, chocolate, sugar, honey, syrups, ice cream, and more.

-Wikipedia.
(Personally, i love pancakes more that waffles.)

Status
Not open for further replies.